• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Posting a build thread

So Mr Disagree May we see your build thread link?

Or do you think us members should change to fit your format?

Straight up NO ONE tells me how to format my build thread....
There’s a reason your build was made a sticky, simply its one of the best threads I’ve seen, hands down.

I get what your saying but build threads are a progression from beginning to end and redo's....A blog feature that Joey is referring to is a much easier feature than having individual "tabs" that the OP has to fill....

Realistically, the build threads and their progression is real world and shouldn't be manipulated to fit someone else....it's their build....bookmark the pages if you want a reference.....

Curious though, since your critical on how build threads run, Wheres yours?
Not sure where you get the critical part, didn't allude to anything negative.
But yes, your thread is large and is a very good one. The other day you posted to someone bout the pic (answer to OP question) was buried in your build thread. I would have had to go through each page to find where it was.

The "archive" sections I was referring to would not be a forced template, but the poster names as he sees fit. However, I was saying one may work on dash one day, hanging a tank the next, covering seats the 3rd, back to dash cluster the 4th, dutchman the 5th, reinstall dash the 30th day, etc. If the blog was organized by date posted that would not be an improvement over the "simple" current thread setup. And the comments are just as important, so they should stay with that entry.

The example Joey posted a pic of after throwing my thoughts out based on "blog" probably handles all those concerns, not sure why you took it so personally.

So Mr Disagree May we see your build thread link?

Or do you think us members should change to fit your format?

Straight up NO ONE tells me how to format my build thread....
There's an example for HT413's "Disagree" button thread. I "disagree" = I wasn't being critical of your build thread. I'll chalk it up to thinking this thread was "website suggestions" (which it is not under) and I was throwing out ideas, and you took the "62" page thing personally. Just a coincidence, I'm not one of them guys.

Not sure where you get the critical part, didn't allude to anything negative.
But yes, your thread is large and is a very good one. The other day you posted to someone bout the pic (answer to OP question) was buried in your build thread. I would have had to go through each page to find where it was.

The "archive" sections I was referring to would not be a forced template, but the poster names as he sees fit. However, I was saying one may work on dash one day, hanging a tank the next, covering seats the 3rd, back to dash cluster the 4th, dutchman the 5th, reinstall dash the 30th day, etc. If the blog was organized by date posted that would not be an improvement over the "simple" current thread setup. And the comments are just as important, so they should stay with that entry.

The example Joey posted a pic of after throwing my thoughts out based on "blog" probably handles all those concerns, not sure why you took it so personally.
Until you yourself spent the time creating and maintaining a build thread than you really do not know.....

The time involved maintaining it is consuming but enjoyable.... Adding more features some will do and some won't it's a time thing and that part I don't have time for.....

Your comment earlier about people's abilities is the part that irritates me when you have not done this yourself....

The variability on threads create a certain following and make Mopar life more interesting....

Last edited:
Although builds aren't neat and tidy and done in order, and not everyone knows how to store, manipulate, or organize photos/files.
Above is the part of your post i am referring to.....Hence is why I ask you for your build thread example....

Your Idea I do understand....I also have times when I have to go back and find a buried post/pic in my thread. Personally, I do not want to go to a build thread that is just in sections and not all builds do every section.

One idea is on a normal build thread if the OP has selections on each post at the bottom similar to like, agree, thanks etc....below those engine, trans, body etc....If the OP clicks on the tab to send a copy of that post automatically to the appropriate tabs....then now we are talking. To have to repost the same thing in another tab is just to time consuming....

Real world example...my build has slowed done because I am near completion but when it was kicking strong...I spent more time each evening posting than actually working on the car it seemed....Thats a choice and I love doing it but to double that by reposting in another section is not realistic.

Furthermore, we may want all these things but at who's cost is it....Well that is Joey's and I appreciate all what he provides....hence is why I support this site by being gold every year......it is a small price for the real entertainment at hand.....

One thing that concerns me though is that build blogs might not get the same attention as build threads. Reason being, they wont pop up under 'new posts' like they do now. It will be different and a little less obvious.

One thing that concerns me though is that build blogs might not get the same attention as build threads. Reason being, they wont pop up under 'new posts' like they do now. It will be different and a little less obvious.
Ya that’s another thing to keep in mind, someone might miss out on an epic thread like moparnations.

In that case I'd not be in favor of making a change. I like Justin's suggestion or if we'd be able to do a search within a thread for specific words that might do the trick.

Could there be a "My Blogs" on the members headline like "My Photo Garage" that would link it.

Until you yourself spent the time creating and maintaining a build thread than you really do not know.....

The time involved maintaining it is consuming but enjoyable.... Adding more features some will do and some won't it's a time thing and that part I don't have time for.....

Your comment earlier about people's abilities is the part that irritates me when you have not done this yourself....

The variability on threads create a certain following and make Mopar life more interesting....

Keeping up with doing your own build thread is not for everyone. You need some creativity, organization, time, ect.

Your thread is a perfect example of what to do but it's not for everyone to accomplish.

If it was simplified like just a personal page with a format for pictures and a caption for a description. Kind of like 1962 1965 Mopar has. Or Moser's website. That could be an option for those who don't want to go to the full extent. No questions, comments and added things that might not be desirable.

I would like to redo a lot of my thread mainly because I had to learn as I went. Trial and error. Heck I didn't even intend it to be a build thread when I started on it. (Need to have it moved to the build thread section sometime)

I like the fact that we can share what we are doing when disassembling the car and documenting what's involved.

Keeping up with doing your own build thread is not for everyone. You need some creativity, organization, time, ect.

Your thread is a perfect example of what to do but it's not for everyone to accomplish.

If it was simplified like just a personal page with a format for pictures and a caption for a description. Kind of like 1962 1965 Mopar has. Or Moser's website. That could be an option for those who don't want to go to the full extent. No questions, comments and added things that might not be desirable.

I would like to redo a lot of my thread mainly because I had to learn as I went. Trial and error. Heck I didn't even intend it to be a build thread when I started on it. (Need to have it moved to the build thread section sometime)

I like the fact that we can share what we are doing when disassembling the car and documenting what's involved.
Exactly....I wish I included the teardown portion that was an error on my part....maybe add those later when I am finished....

Almost every thread here and this is what I love about these genuine builds....Is the individual human factor.....I learn more about the owners by following their threads.....the trials and errors, what they do away from cars, families and techniques I can use in my builds....

The focus turns from the car to the person and back and forth through their thread.....Each thread to me is like changing the channel on the TV to another show I like.....

You and I get this and thats why we are true hobbyists...we love the cars and people...

I have only maybe one of my builds on here and it's too spotty. It's if my sentimental ride (66). Kudos to any and all that can keep up with their build thread and better yet, keep it organized. Lol

Any ideas to make it easier would get my vote

Why fix something that isn't broke? Things get more complicated at that point, and many of us aren't exactly computer gurus.

Although builds aren't neat and tidy and done in order, and not everyone knows how to store, manipulate, or organize photos/files.
Above is the part of your post i am referring to.....Hence is why I ask you for your build thread example....
Man, for some reason you thought your name was listed and went from 0-60 flat on this statement. It's just a fact in general some people aren't as handy at this computer thing. This very thread began as this! Other threads constantly say "how do I post" "can't attach the picture" etc etc etc. It ain't a scarlet letter, they'll eventually get the hang of it, or maybe not (and then it may be an opportunity for a funny meme). For those that aren't as efficient in how to store, manipulate, or organize photos/files then it might play into how the blog is set up. Because builds aren't neat and tidy and done in order, they may need to archive photos temporarily, understand how to edit old posts, etc. As an example, if you're doing resto on the wiper motor, you may choose to do the hood/door/trunk latches and pedal assembly at the same time. So they might want to save the trunk photos for that blog section to writeup later. And that installed trunk latch photo may also show the ECS stack (because documenting isn't neat and tidy!), so maybe they want to copy and crop that for their engine section? All things to consider in setting up this blog, which is what my reply was describing, not your sticky thread.

Not everyone has top profiency with these threads, blogs, file sizes, file extensions, or even where they are stored on their computer, how to download from their phone, or whatever. ****, even Joey was talking about "organizing" files, video links, and "sticking to the format". Its obvious you know how, so if you were standing up for the ones that don't, they can usually laugh about it themselves and don't take it personally, just read this thread.

As far as my build thread, I'm a perfectionist and just don't have enough done or that cover items at the level that frankly, yours and some other threads have established. So I'd rather start it when I'm fully into it and I feel I can meet those standards. Its to ***-u-me to say I don't know what it takes or how long. Should Joey get an ***-chewing because he wants to create a blog-build framework and throw ideas out but doesn't have one himself?

Maybe something else was going on with you today, but read every fuckin post I've done. I either try to help someone, offer a substantiated opinion, or give a smart-*** punchline for a chuckle. I sure ain't into drama. And for all the FBBO comments about snowflakes, trolls, and that other drama-filled forum, there sure is some thin-skinned action today. So now that we've recreated frickin Falcon Crest in this thread . . . .

-

It looks like that particular blog framework in post#12 would work well and seems understandable enough anyone could adapt to - they can have 1 build section or a hundred in any name they want. If Joey can figure out how to show in "recent posts", and also posters may elect to replace Photo Garage, with sections like "old pics," "purchase pics", "before/after", "show-n-shine xx" etc.

Is there a way to print an entire thread? This would be easier than scrolling thru 50 pages of posts.

Man, for some reason you thought your name was listed and went from 0-60 flat on this statement. It's just a fact in general some people aren't as handy at this computer thing. This very thread began as this! Other threads constantly say "how do I post" "can't attach the picture" etc etc etc. It ain't a scarlet letter, they'll eventually get the hang of it, or maybe not (and then it may be an opportunity for a funny meme). For those that aren't as efficient in how to store, manipulate, or organize photos/files then it might play into how the blog is set up. Because builds aren't neat and tidy and done in order, they may need to archive photos temporarily, understand how to edit old posts, etc. As an example, if you're doing resto on the wiper motor, you may choose to do the hood/door/trunk latches and pedal assembly at the same time. So they might want to save the trunk photos for that blog section to writeup later. And that installed trunk latch photo may also show the ECS stack (because documenting isn't neat and tidy!), so maybe they want to copy and crop that for their engine section? All things to consider in setting up this blog, which is what my reply was describing, not your sticky thread.

Not everyone has top profiency with these threads, blogs, file sizes, file extensions, or even where they are stored on their computer, how to download from their phone, or whatever. ****, even Joey was talking about "organizing" files, video links, and "sticking to the format". Its obvious you know how, so if you were standing up for the ones that don't, they can usually laugh about it themselves and don't take it personally, just read this thread.

As far as my build thread, I'm a perfectionist and just don't have enough done or that cover items at the level that frankly, yours and some other threads have established. So I'd rather start it when I'm fully into it and I feel I can meet those standards. Its to ***-u-me to say I don't know what it takes or how long. Should Joey get an ***-chewing because he wants to create a blog-build framework and throw ideas out but doesn't have one himself?

Maybe something else was going on with you today, but read every fuckin post I've done. I either try to help someone, offer a substantiated opinion, or give a smart-*** punchline for a chuckle. I sure ain't into drama. And for all the FBBO comments about snowflakes, trolls, and that other drama-filled forum, there sure is some thin-skinned action today. So now that we've recreated frickin Falcon Crest in this thread . . . .

-

It looks like that particular blog framework in post#12 would work well and seems understandable enough anyone could adapt to - they can have 1 build section or a hundred in any name they want. If Joey can figure out how to show in "recent posts", and also posters may elect to replace Photo Garage, with sections like "old pics," "purchase pics", "before/after", "show-n-shine xx" etc.
I don't read narratives, lol.....it's snowing....

Last edited:
Is there a way to print an entire thread? This would be easier than scrolling thru 50 pages of posts.
you can print pages.....make sure it is in black and white or bye bye color cartridge...

Auto Transport Service
Back