• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Powder coating cop car wheels

1KoolBee

Local time
2:08 AM
Reaction score
So I was looking into having my cop car wheels blasted and powder coated gloss black and was quoted $400 to do the set. Sounded a bit high to me but then everything is high these days. Does that sound reasonable?

That doesn't sound unreasonable in this area (nor cal, sf bay area).

WOW! The last set I had done was like 25.00 a wheel, but that was quite a few years ago.

I was told by someone who does powder coating that they get jobs from local dealerships to black out new wheels at the customer's request. $100 a wheel sounds reasonable to me. I recall hearing $600 for a set, but I could be wrong.

I agree with fesser. EVERYTHING cost more now a days. I wanted a TCI shifter for my car.
So I put it in my wish list.$115. I checked every once in a while. $129 then again $159 then at $177. This was maybe a 6 month period.
At that point I ordered ordered it kicking myself for not buying at the $115 price.
So a power coat wheel at $100 sounds right.Don't wait,next month it will be $125.

That's what it cost here 10 years ago. Not sure if its more now but I'd guess it would be. Part of the price includes sandblasting them and any prep.

That's what it cost here 10 years ago. Not sure if its more now but I'd guess it would be. Part of the price includes sandblasting them and any prep.
I just had 2 15x6 boat trailer wheels done in SW Ontario and the were $150 each taxes in. Same shop used to do them for $50 each as long as it was black, but that was many years ago.

Auto Transport Service
Back