• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Power pack

Rooster27

Local time
7:47 AM
Reaction score
Hey all hope you are all doing well! I ahev had some time to play around with the charger a bit and test some things a fix the horns! Next was the EL! It seems as tho I may need a new power pack or rebuild it rather. I have gethered all the parts I will need. But I would like to test the transformer just to be sure that works and if for some reason it doesn't, do any of you know the part number or direct me where to get one that is equivalent? Also does anyone know how to test the transformer?

Hey all hope you are all doing well! I ahev had some time to play around with the charger a bit and test some things a fix the horns! Next was the EL! It seems as tho I may need a new power pack or rebuild it rather. I have gethered all the parts I will need. But I would like to test the transformer just to be sure that works and if for some reason it doesn't, do any of you know the part number or direct me where to get one that is equivalent? Also does anyone know how to test the transformer?
Please rephrase your question. I reads like Greek to me.
Mike

There is information on what usually is needed to fix the power pack. Most often a less than 20.00 or maybe 6.00 expense.Not being electrically inclined, I think it is a capacitor. I think there is a thread about this. Someone should chime in. It has been posted many times. I have had 3 done through the years. Good Luck.

There is also a guy in Captain Canuck Land that sells them. Let me know if you are interested. I purchased one from him to save time and also to see what he used.

There is information on what usually is needed to fix the power pack. Most often a less than 20.00 or maybe 6.00 expense.Not being electrically inclined, I think it is a capacitor. I think there is a thread about this. Someone should chime in. It has been posted many times. I have had 3 done through the years. Good Luck.
Yeah im trying to learn as much as possible about this thing. I have been talking with Terry who has done a write up on charger source. I have already tested the capacitor but I am using a digital which is not the best to test capacitors with, so I will pick up an analog one. I have all the parts collected in various shopping carts online to rebuild the power pack except the transformer, which from what Terry and other sources have said hardly ever go bad. I would like to figure out to to test the transformer so I know it's good. If I do find that it is bad wpild anyone know where to get one for a replacement

The OE style transformer has been replicated by Jeff Intwert in Canada. He probably will not share his source. I jointly helped develop a much improved powerpack with Real Time Engineering a few years ago. I have not tested the OE transformer separately when rebuilding the original powerpacks. Normally its either the OE paper capacitor or the transistor that is the culprit. If neither of those fix the output issue I assumed it was a dead transformer.

Mark

Auto Transport Service
Back