• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Power probe

bearman

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:18 PM
Reaction score
Anybody using the power probe to help with the electrical systems

Got the older version. Think the newer ones have a ohm meter built in. It is all I use. Cool Tool. For voltage drop testing still use my Fluke.

Yep, I bought one off of eBay for 60-70 bucks... It was invaluable while wiring the T bird .
It has 20' long leads, will detect shorts, actuate relays... I feel dumb for not buying one earlier.

I like it also didn't get mine that good of a price but like to test the circiut as I'm putting it together those long leads big help

Super helpful for testing circuits and relays in particular. Worth every penny.

The best money you will ever spend. Slight learning curve but you will never reach for a test light again

Make sure you get the new one with the readout on it.

That's the one i bought does everything. Yep the earning curve is on going but what a nice tool

Can one of you please post a link to what your talking about?

Toolpan.com part number ppkit04 i hope this helps

This is the one I bought... I was wrong it was $78.
It's a test light that detects 12v power, can send 12v power, detects shorts/grounds and checks resistance. It onnects to your battery, or power outlet.
If you have any basic automotive electrical knowledge, it makes things so much easier to trouble shoot...Probably on of my favorite tools.

QuickMemo+_2018-02-10-23-22-26.png QuickMemo+_2018-02-10-23-22-59.png

Got it, thx.

I'm still using regular test lights and multi-meter. The sending 12VDC out to a circuit would be nice.

Auto Transport Service
Back