• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Power steering box #numbers

Wietse

Local time
11:56 PM
Reaction score
Hey all,

Today i replaced my old steering box for a reconditioned unit from FirmFeel. (Stage #2)
All went ok, although it's a bastard of a job, had to remove the torsion bar, LCA and pivot shaft, strut rod and loosen the exhaust header as well.
Somehow managed to shove the new steering box and the header back in position all together as there was no clearance at all to go 1 by 1...:(
I had hope previously to remove it from the top by removing the battery and tray and the power steering pump but there was no way it was coming out like that.
Anyway, in the meantime managed also to replace the header gasket as it was leaking as a bastard.

Now, looking at both i was hoping someone could tell me a bit more on the casting numbers and stampings on both boxes.
Pretty sure this was the original box that came with the car, FirmFeel sends any random steering box that will work on your application whatever it might be so not sure if the new one is date correct. (not that it really matters but would be nice if it is close)
The orange one is the old one, casted part number is same, but not sure what the rest means?

IMG_9561.JPG IMG_9562.JPG IMG_9563.JPG IMG_9564.JPG IMG_9675.jpg IMG_9676.jpg IMG_9677.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back