• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Power steering Upgrade?

Rick

Local time
3:18 PM
Reaction score
Have a 66 satellite that I am upgrading to disc brakes and also installing a sway bar and bigger torsion bars. Have the original steering box and wondering what are the benefits of upgrading to a newer unit like firm feel offers and a quick ratio links. I am trying to save cash for other upgrades. Venicle is only intended to street performace. Any help is appreciated.

I have been toying around with the same idea for my project.I have found that you will have close to $1000 to do this. Firm, Borgeson, Steer&Gear, all costs are close. Firm and Steer require a core return that is expensive to ship because of weight .I have a friend that has the Borgeson set up and is very happy with it.The boxes are in the $600 to $700 range.Then you have shipping, hoses, fittings,maybe a new pump to keep it all fresh,,it adds up. I'm still on the fence(plus I'm cheap)but I may bite the bullet and go for it. Just a thought..

Thanks Darter I am on the same page as you. Pretty expensive and not sure if I get that much more bang for the buck. But it will be alot easier while I have everything apart. I dont think anything is wrong with the steering gear I removed except that it is almost 50 years old. Might just go with a rebuilt unit. Can purchase one of them form Caldeno for around 110 with the core.

Auto Transport Service
Back