• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Power Window Wiring

pturner

Local time
4:50 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone know how the 68 era B Bodies got wiring to the door for the power windows? Seems I have seen just two wires clamped to the hinge. I guess there were only power wire and ground to the switches. Were the wires in a loom or rubber accordion boot? Did it go where the small "dimple" is? Can anyone take a picture?
OK, what are you using on newer modifications? now need 5 wires even if I have window switch mounted somewhere else.
thanks for any and all assistance.
pt in Tennessee
1968 Roadrunner

I had a 70 and man did i hate working on the electric windows, the switches were loose no matter what i did and those rear window regulators would always cut my hands when working on them. The wire loom in the door jam was wrapped in that thick hockey stick tape tru a plastic plug.

I'm working on a '69 right now- like R/T said, wire harness wrapped in heavy electrical tape running through both doors but mine has thick rubber plugs pressed into the doors where the harness goes through instead of plastic plugs.

There is a dimple in the jamb and door where the holes go for the loom.

I replaced my manual regulators with electric ones from A1 Electric. I bought their wires, relays and switches. I think Mark B is right about putting the hole through the dimple.

I used new style rubber wire looms like these to protect the wires and seal the holes.

1-loom.jpg

Here is a '68 power window door. Note big *** hole above hinge location.

P1010097.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back