• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Power windows

Twalker

Local time
9:00 PM
Reaction score
I am restoring and reassembling my 68 charger with factory power windows. The car was largely disassembled when I bought it. I can not find anything useful in the internet or in the service book that diagrams out the components of the complete regulator system, including the up and down stops, etc. I have learned that there are differences btw manual and power with some of the components.

If anyone has info and pics of their power window car, I’d appreciate your help.

thanks
Tom

Mine is a 68 Coronet R/T, but is now completed. The regulators on all 4 windows are different than the manual regulators.
20210825_125115.jpg
20210825_124800.jpg

Hi- ‘69 Charger- I have these with my QP’s off so I could put them back together. I’ll take som pics from the inside later on.
3E1A9B50-06CA-4A4E-B99E-0D2E92474377.jpeg
54020C20-662E-4738-B15D-6812F647E982.jpeg
8A7854B1-5CFC-442D-A260-D5042D3443CD.jpeg

I’ll take some inside the quarter panels from in the car.

I do not have any of the doors, however I will be removing the drivers door interior panel in the coming days and can take a pic then if no one here beats me to it.

Thanks Jerry. Do you have pictures of inside your doors?
No, I didn't take pictures inside the doors. My car was originally power windows, but had been changed to manual windows by a previous owner. The only thing I had to change were the regulators and add the window motors back, and ofcourse replace the wiring and door switches. It took the better part of 2 years to find all the parts. Steve @3white74 came up with the bulk of what was needed. It was a PIA to get it done, but then all window adjustments and replacement of their parts are for me. Devin @devinism rebuilt all my window switches which was another hurdle. A big thanks to all that helped with mine.

bighouse
mine was born with manual windows. From the looks of that pic, it seems impossible to do a factory type of swap without removing the quarter panel. Is that an accurate statement?

bighouse
mine was born with manual windows. From the looks of that pic, it seems impossible to do a factory type of swap without removing the quarter panel. Is that an accurate statement?
No the regulators come out the top. Try to get a look at the factory service manual.

bighouse
That's what I thought. However, as I had the quarters off anyway, I did the swap without looking further into it.

Here's a few pics from a '68 SS convertible. I don't know how helpful they'll be, but take a look.

P1010067.JPG P1010068.JPG P1010074.JPG P1010076.JPG P1010077.JPG P1010078.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back