• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pretty cool Mopar video from 1970.

Fury 440

Local time
12:42 PM
Reaction score
I found this today: CLASSIC VIDEO-1970 NHRA SUPER NATIONALS on youtube.
Almost all Mopar with voice over by Dick Landy. Also shows Dick at his Super Car Clinic. WHEN FUNNY CARS LOOKED LIKE REAL CARS! I think it's worth a watch.
Also CLASSIC DRAG RACING-1970 NHRA WORLD FINALS. Sox and Martin footage.

Last edited:
63255360.jpg

This one is good also, has Sox & team a lot

lots of talking to Sox & Martin about the shop, testing and racing.
Many little guy racers and wives helping on the cars.
This was a TV show by all the breakers and the title on screen. I don’t know if it was ever aired or not.

Really great footage

Last edited:
Notice how every first place is won with a 426 Hemi? Pro Stock, Funny Car, and Top Fuel, all Mopar.

very cool video above

here's a cool one
I think I posted a while ago in the Racers Hangout forum
about the beginning of new 1970-72 Pro-Stock (67 models & up)
albeit;
they are trying to sell a video, but it has great footage

Last edited:
Notice how every first place is won with a 426 Hemi? Pro Stock, Funny Car, and Top Fuel, all Mopar.
I was fortunate to have lived and watched, all this in real time... Ronnie Sox, Grumpy Jenkins, Dyno Don Nicholson, Arnie the farmer Beswick, Bob Glidden, etc. etc. etc. { note to RC, I used all required etcetera's } Raceway Park in Englishtown, also NY National Speedway in Moriches Long Island

I was fortunate to have lived and watched, all this in real time... Ronnie Sox, Grumpy Jenkins, Dyno Don Nicholson, Arnie the farmer Beswick, Bob Glidden, etc. etc. etc. { note to RC, I used all required etcetera's } Raceway Park in Englishtown, also NY National Speedway in Moriches Long Island

...and you have heard every Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, and Who song as a new release

THANK YOU R413 for posting the link for me. I must be getting old and stupid. Great vids though.

Auto Transport Service
Back