• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Check 1969 Super Bee "survivor"

Hung up on you? I'd pass real quick.
Agreed - this ends it for me. I don't care what it is or what the price may be, if I don't feel good about who I'm dealing with, they aren't getting a dime from me. Him hanging up on your legitimate question tells it all - he's full of doo doo.

That car does look to me to be a low mile car with perhaps the sides of the car painted. Survivor Esq. I suppose and is priced probably not too far from what it’s worth. Some basic detractors for me on that be are: the colour, the hood, the seats (shouldn’t they be vinyl and not that crappy thin fabric, and the drive line being a 383 car (which I’m totally okay with it being a 383 car I’m just speaking in terms of all out value) vs 440 or hemi etc….if it had the latter two engine choices I could totally live with the colour combo too.

If it were a descent colour, and had the ramcharger hood I’d say it would be worth about what he’s asking maybe even a few grand more. It probably has (hopefully) build sheets and other original documentation too which would be nice.

If it’s truly original metal and rust free I place. A high value on that.

All my comments are also based on numbers matching motor and transmission at the very least.

As for someone else pointing out it being advertised for more elsewhere that is just a shitty re-seller, if they get someone on the hook for 62k they just go buy it for 45 grand from the original owner and make 15-17k for doing nothing

Last edited:
So what is it you're looking for? A real superbee that's numbers matching investment car? Or are looking for a car that you can drive whenever you feel like it and smoke the tires like a fog machine.
My first car was a F3 1969 Coronet. I would like a 1969 Coronet R/T in green as a starting point for the wish list. This car gets close as I like the color combination.
Finally to answer your question I am NOT looking for a investment vehicle. A step or two above "driver" quality and somewhat original would fit.

My first car was a F3 1969 Coronet. I would like a 1969 Coronet R/T in green as a starting point for the wish list. This car gets close as I like the color combination.
Finally to answer your question I am NOT looking for a investment vehicle. A step or two above "driver" quality and somewhat original would fit.
Ok just wondering as I come across them occasionally and will keep that on my radar.

Let me clarify the hang up. He had young children screaming and yelling in the room. I had to yell into the phone sometimes for him to hear me.
When I asked about documents he said well....paused...kids yelling.....maybe I have documents......then hung up.
I have sent two follow up emails asking for documents and under body pictures. No reply so far.

Last edited:

I am usually not a big fan of green metallic (maybe despite F6 green) but I like this Bee with the white roof as it breaks up the colour.
New seatcovers would be a "must have" for me. Dashboard, doorpanels armrests etc are nice as is.

I agree it looks like a mostly unmolested car to me, too. Even if it has an old respray.
I think it is worth 40-43k if it turns out to be mechanically and metalwise sound.

IIRC it was once advertised for 59.5k$

Carsten

I do like the car. Green has grown on me with age. I would have to look at it myself if it was me wanting to buy it. With the condition I see, the repainted areas making it not a survivor. I would say 30-35K is more like it.

Hagerty Values 69 Super Bee 383:
4-Speed
#1 $89355
#2 $60375
#3 $48185
#4 $34960

Automatic
#1 $77700
#2 $52500
#3 $41900
#4 $30400

The F8 green color may partially reduce the extra 15% shown above for a 4-Speed

These 69 383 Super Bees have gone up in value, by quite a bit, just since this past May. So have the 71s, but not as much of an increase.

Fender tag decode:
383, 4-Speed, green bench seat interior, Rallye Cluster, driver side remote mirror, drip rail moulding, quarter panel scoops, tachometer, AM Radio, green vinyl roof, white bumble bee stripe.

Last edited:
Let me clarify the hang up. He had young children screaming and yelling in the room. I had to yell into the phone sometimes for him to hear me.
When I asked about documents he said well....paused...kids yelling.....maybe I have documents......then hung up.
I have sent two follow up emails asking for documents and under body pictures. No reply so far.
I'm guessing he's not that interested in selling it.

Seems to be the same consensus I came up with posted elsewhere.

BUT, I will say. If YOU like the car that adds value to some degree. You just need to figure out how much.
Be honest will you be happy with it as is,?
If not sit down and add up what its going to take to get it there.
We've talked enough I think I have an idea what you want. Something tells me this one is close,,,,just not close enough to PAY UP to get there.

When trying to buy a car AND get a decent deal . One HAS to leave the emotions at home.

Its the " If I buff it " comment tells me the paint is dead or close to it and will not survive a Southern AZ. summer. Thus NO WAY is it worth upper 40s And if thats the case , Keep looking.
OR , have someone take an in person look at it. Then offer him $35k and say offer is good for _______ number of days or youre gone

This car has had more repainting than the seller claims. The stripes have changed color since it left the factory.. The vinyl roof has changed color also. It may very well be a “presentable” looking project car. He has it priced more like it’s a solid good condition car that’s ready to get in and drive anywhere and doesn’t need to be painted. Which I doubt it is.

No A/C for a New Mexico car is odd, fabric bench seat and column shift is a take away. The summer sun would have killed the vinyl top and caused paint fade so it has either been well kept or much more has been done to it. After you drive it and check all the numbers 35k max, they are never as good as advertised.

Auto Transport Service
Back