• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price gougers study

My friends last truckload out of California had a 70 Challenger 383 4 barrel SE matching numbers , automatic car,a 70 Challenger R/T V code 440 Sixpack automatic car, a 70 Challenger R/T SE U code automatic car ,and a Plum Crazy Purple 70 Cuda U code 440 matching numbers automatic car.

I was that guy in many circles in metro-Detroit. I parted lots of mopars, sought out rare NOS parts in volume [had access to cancelled and salvaged new mopar parts], and started transporting cars from LA to Detroit....before transporters/dealers got wise to that income. Jobs got in the way of my making real money. Now, if you find 50 year-old NOS, you can thank the guys who were thinking ahead....or buy chi-com crap.

Many of the old school vendors who have turned selling Mopar parts and cars into a full time business have turned to selling the reproduction stuff to stay a float. There are not enough consistent customers buying used and NOS parts to make a full-time business out of it. That's why the job got in the way it was necessary to have a consistent income along with the parts sales. I have been doing it since 1980 myself and have lived the ups and downs of the Mopar market. Back then sales were all done by word of mouth,I know a guy who has that kind of thing,verses having the internet showing your parts to the whole planet with the click of a mouse!

Last edited:
I am not against selling or even flipping parts to fund the projects, everyone does that. But lately its like people are trying to retire off the profit they make off their hobby car parts! Complete insanity! There's $4500 Charger seats on here and there not completely restored and are missing parts! Is it me?
No, they are greedy assclowns that need a punch in the face.

In 2014 when I was selling this:

Nov 2013 284.JPG

I had it advertised for $2500. The one guy that came to see it offered $2000. I responded...."Do you think that it isn't worth $2500? If you were selling, would you take less?"
He agreed and paid the $2500.
When I am buying something, if the price is fair, I don't even try to dink them on the price. I pay up. I've made low offers if the part is damaged or needs a lot of work. I am NOT the type to "low ball" just to see how much of a discount that I can get if the part is priced right.
I know a guy that does that. Overall, he is an asshole anyway. He is the selfish type that only calls to talk about himself, what HE is doing, where HE has been, etc.
Screw all that. He clearly thinks that his interests matter more than anyone else's.

I'll occasional flip some parts. My goal is to sell in a range I would pay if I needed said part

It helps pay for all the parts I keep, And thats usually far more then I sell

My life is simple, I buy what I want and give the rest away. I have given parts to people on this site several times. I bought my car for whatever the guy wanted and It will be given away when I'm done with it. People trying to inflate or drive the perceived value of everything in this hobby is a money grab by people that know they have some by the balls. When I see people screwing people on a car that they are charging thousands more this year than last year it makes me sick. It's not a fun thing like it use to be, in my opinion. Greed is in every aspect of our lives, been to the grocery store lately.
I like the way you live my friend. Keep it simple and dont screw people over.

No, they are greedy assclowns that need a punch in the face.
I have parts that I could sell for reasonable prices,but I'm concerned that they would go to a flipper who will jack up the price to another buyer. Even here there are outrageous prices being touted by guys here. I thought we were here to help each other out.

When does this “study conclude?

On this site,I have seen 69 Charger seats semi restored for $4500,71 Charger R/T doors, $5000,71 Road Runner Air Grabber hood $6000,68 69 70 B body Dana 60 that needs new ring and pinion gears $3300,and a Sixpack set of carbs with only the manifold, that need rebuilding, $3200. All posted fairly recently.

On this site,I have seen 69 Charger seats semi restored for $4500,71 Charger R/T doors, $5000,71 Road Runner Air Grabber hood $6000,68 69 70 B body Dana 60 that needs new ring and pinion gears $3300,and a Sixpack set of carbs with only the manifold, that need rebuilding, $3200. All posted fairly recently.
I'm sure that's true. But no one is being forced to buy that stuff, or pay those prices. I sure wouldnt.

Auto Transport Service
Back