• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price of Avocados (Mexico)

Dibbons

Local time
10:48 AM
Reaction score
My salads taste so incomplete without at least 1/2 sliced avocado. Here in Mexican Walmart the price for a long time now has been the equivalent of $2.72 USD a pound. Ouch. Gasoline rises every month, now the equivalent of about $5.50 gallon (regular).

Walmart pricing here in Savannah for SMALL avocados:

Avocado are 89 to 99 cents EACH. A bag of 5 are around $4.88 to $5.00.

Cost is higher at other area grocery stores.

My previous house had a pair of Avocado trees... I had thousands of Avocados every year... And I don't like Avocados.... I use to give away grocery sacks full of the things....

My salads taste so incomplete without at least 1/2 sliced avocado. Here in Mexican Walmart the price for a long time now has been the equivalent of $2.72 USD a pound. Ouch. Gasoline rises every month, now the equivalent of about $5.50 gallon (regular).
Those gas prices are what they are here in SoCal. About $6 for premium (91 Oct). I’m surprised they are that high in MX. You have your own oil supply - Yes? And then refining it - do you have refineries?

What I don't get is why we do not have more US-produced Avocados available. We grow enough of them here as it is...cr8crshr/Bill :screwy::screwy::screwy::usflag::usflag::usflag:

69 cents at Aldi here. 99 every where else.

Avocados.. call the cartel and complain! Do you know how many farmers die because of those things....

Those gas prices are what they are here in SoCal. About $6 for premium (91 Oct). I’m surprised they are that high in MX. You have your own oil supply - Yes? And then refining it - do you have refineries?
Regular gasoline is about 5.25 per US gallon in British Columbia.

Now six Mexican refineries including one just opened this year.
No question the pooch is getting screwed….. Similar to what we are in CA. We pay the highest gas tax in the world. And our prices are at the very top of the spectrum - Why? Someone’s not telling us the true truth …..

Valero Oil has been sued dozens of times by the state of corruption. They have won every time and further slammed the CA legislature in a letter made public for what they’re doing to the citizens of this state - It’s a legislative fraud that is forcing us to pay these ridiculous gas prices. The state has no material response. There’s no factual reason why - outside of a plainly corrupt state govt.

Last edited:
Avocados.. call the cartel and complain! Do you know how many farmers die because of those things....
Cartel? Are you sure about that?

IMG_20240519_135854894_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240519_135829333.jpg

Anyway, all pictures below snapped at Kroger this afternoon.

IMG_20240519_135555880_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240519_135603857_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240519_135725295.jpg
IMG_20240519_135807542_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240519_135829333.jpg
IMG_20240519_135854894_HDR.jpg

Those 99-cent ones, I picked up 4 at Smiths/Kroger here, as I was making some Guacamole and that is 4.00 total. I like them but as they are way overpriced, I pass most of the time. I remember just a short time ago they were 25 cents a piece so someone is getting very rich off of them...cr8crshr/Bill :usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

The Mexican drug cartels gave taken control of a avocado production....they control prices not the free market

Auto Transport Service
Back