• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chinese car invasion.

The stuff put in place 5-6 years ago give or take kicked off a reshoring process. It is gaining serious momentum.
Business takes a long time to turn the wheel. It is finally turning into a buzzword, which means elites and CEO's and the other people that don't actually make anything but decide where to do it are talking about it, meaning they will follow the trend. It takes a long time for stuff like this to get going, no one wants to buck the trend in business and take the risk, be the guinee pig.

It is not widespread, but it is proliferating now and gaining traction in numerous industries.
People bished about what was happening at the time because people hate change and adjusting took effort, but those concepts were good ideas and have begun to bear fruit.
Remember, Glass-Steagal was revoked in the 90's and the economic issues it caused were not brought to a head until into the 2000's. The economy is not black and white and is not instantly reactive. Some things will show results in short term, some things take years to develop.

Part of the trend now is that businesses are building things in Mexico to trade with China to avoid restrictions and shipping issues created by our own west coast. Mexico, unfortunatly, is taking the china money and promises and bringing in the crap.

Everyone hates on parts of the system, usually with a bias due to political things. Do you buy Made in USA? Do you work in manufacturing? Do you ask your superiors when they are making something why or if they will/won't add a Made in USA logo on it?
I just bought some new made in WI leather work shoes from Fleet Farm. The leather is from overseas, but at least my neighbors a ways south got paid to cut it and sew the shoes together.
Stuff from here costs more. I am a poverty level shmuck compared to most here. I don't care, I tell my kids if my neighbors are getting paid it is better to do it than to put my money in an envelope and export it to Asia. That is what we do every time we buy imported stuff. The money is exported. We make our own communties worse and poorer every time we do it. It would be different if trading was set up as a give and take, but it is not. It is hostile, with a very few making billions while they milk the American public dry.
Choose to buck that, regardless of who you vote for it should be obvious handing your money to your neighbor is better than handing it to a hostile foreign government.

A B1000 eh? Haven't seen 1 of those in years!
Agreed!!! And after Ford dropped the Ranger lineup, there weren't many options for those types of trucks. Now that the Ranger is back again... which I really like having owned one in the past...they are once more competitive in that market. Dodge/Ram no longer makes a truck in that lineup, and the Generic Motors offerings are lame, there's not much left to entice buyers looking for that size of P/U...cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

Agreed!!! And after Ford dropped the Ranger lineup, there weren't many options for those types of trucks. Now that the Ranger is back again... which I really like having owned one in the past...they are once more competitive in that market. Dodge/Ram no longer makes a truck in that lineup, and the Generic Motors offerings are lame, there's not much left to entice buyers looking for that size of P/U...cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:
1995 ranger curb weight: under 2600lbs, even for long box. 4x4 and v6 probably pushed it over 3k by a small bit, if you wanted to have one like that.

2023 Ranger curb weight: 4441lbs.

Yes, the 4cyl. is 100hp more than the old one. Drag racers on this forum can tell you the math on what adding 1800lbs to a vehicle does to a 1/4 mile time lol.
The saving grace of the new ones is the transmission has twice as many gears in it.
For reference, curb weight of a 1995 2wd F150 with the all iron 300-6 and a 5 speed(long box regular cab) is 4186lbs. About the same towing capacity as the new Ranger, more payload by a decent bit, limited 100% by the springs. This truck would be body on frame construction.

The reality is...N. America is a played-out market, and there isn't anything to sell. China will not be stopped in their current overtaking of the world economy. As we continue to buy and buy cheap crap from China [quanity over quality], China will open the largest markets ever seen [Africa and S. America], and we'll become the slave labor to China....making stuff for their new markets. Our government and corporations have and will continue to pocket money, as they sell us out. It's inevitable....and obvious. Future generations will live like Chi-Com laborers.

The Chinese have put EV’s into production at a huge rate. Recent visit there I did not see any ICE cars in the dealer showrooms. Cars on the road same thing, license plates were expensive in China but they did a huge discount for EV’s and the green color plated cars seem to be the majority already.
One of note is BYD. Cars are actually nice looking.

Auto Transport Service
Back