• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chinese car invasion.

coronet68mx

Local time
4:42 AM
Reaction score
This are the Chinese cars sold here in Mexico not to the mention electric versions
  1. BMW iX3
  2. BAIC BJ40
  3. BAIC X35
  4. Buick Envision
  5. Changan Alsvin
  6. Changan CS35 Plus
  7. Changan CS55 Plus
  8. Chirey Omoda 5
  9. Chirey Tiggo 4
  10. Chirey Tiggo 7
  11. Chirey Tiggo 8
  12. Dodge Journey
  13. Ford Territory
  14. Chevrolet Aveo
  15. Chevrolet Cavalier
  16. Chevrolet Onix
  17. Chevrolet Captiva
  18. Chevrolet Groove
  19. Chevrolet S10 Max
  20. Chevrolet Tornado Van
  21. JAC Sei 2
  22. JAC Sei 3 Pro
  23. JAC Sei 4 Pro
  24. JAC Sei 6 Pro
  25. JAC Sei 7 Pro
  26. JAC J7
  27. JAC Frison T6
  28. JAC Frison T8
  29. JAC EJ7
  30. JAC E Sei 4 Pro
  31. JAC E 10x
  32. JMC VIGUS
  33. MG GT
  34. MG5
  35. MG HS
  36. MG RX8
  37. MG ZS
  38. Peugeot Landtrec
  39. Omoda.
Buy a Mazda cx 5 a month ago and I can say am really happy with the experience,top overall quality, excellent engine with proven durability, lots and lots of spare parts, i check several options before i decide for the mazda included Chinese cars, now,
I know some of this brands owns luxury brands like volvo, and some others ( MG is a British one but even when this cars were from there UK they always sucks ) why would you buy a car without rename, spare parts, collision parts, unknown reliability, is it price? Still the same as the usual brands, technology? Pretty much all the cars use the same interface, overall quality they do not offer at least to me the same as the other stablish brands, is a gamble that customers always loose due to resale value and market name, who in their mind buy a use omoda or whatever this name are I almost decide for a Ford territory but just scrapping the surface this suv is Chinese made copy of another chines suv with a Japanese engine, not cheaper is better and companies should care more for quality , just my 2 cents.

This makes me sick.
NAFTA my rear.
That giant sucking sound (Ross Perot we could use you now.)

wife looking at a mazda cx5 now , she was searching for a reasonable used tahoe but money is crazy . the cx5 is available to her via family inheritance, i believe it’s a 2021 with under 9k miles . looks to be a decent vehicle . it’s mint ….

Chevy Aveo is made in china now? I had on 06 that was made in south Korea. I bought it because I don’t want to show up to a union meeting in foreign car. Then I find out it is foreign made. I hate to say it, but it was a solid car.

unfortunately my last 2 new ram trucks were pieces of ****. problems that couldn't be fixed, wouldn't buy a gm product same thing. was gonna try a ford truck couldn;t get one, ended up buying a nissan titan down in Southbend, Indiana. Have to say pretty nice tuck 100k warranty, got about 50k on it now 0 problems. My vote is Japanese, and yes I keep a few bags of rice in the glove box just in case :lol:

unfortunately my last 2 new ram trucks were pieces of ****. problems that couldn't be fixed, wouldn't buy a gm product same thing. was gonna try a ford truck couldn;t get one, ended up buying a nissan titan down in Southbend, Indiana. Have to say pretty nice tuck 100k warranty, got about 50k on it now 0 problems. My vote is Japanese, and yes I keep a few bags of rice in the glove box just in case :lol:
i remember back in the day we used the phrase “ it’s jap **** “ ,now that same jap **** is better then most **** . how things have changed! i agree with you on the quality of today’s domestic auto, . for the money there asking your getting less and less . i’m not talking cruz control and power seats . i’m looking at thickness of
your fender . quality control. , corrosion control, longevity and things like that . it’s all to often you hear brand *** has a new state of art engine , it’s there best yet . next your hear about it they put some plastic junk in where there’s supposed to be steel and there all blowing up prematurely. !

Made my first trip in the mazda and the suv give me good feelings down the road, the skyactive engine is good, my wife complained cause is not a turbo engine, so no kick back when the turbo charges, but a really solid truck, my vote is for Japanese cars too.

My last 2 Rams were crap too. I drive a 2020 Chevy for work and it's junk. Chinese is to be avoided at all costs. The American mfgrs and unions have always shot themselves in the foot though.
WWII was won partly because of manufacturing capacity, I don't think that is something to be overlooked now and in the future.

wife looking at a mazda cx5 now , she was searching for a reasonable used tahoe but money is crazy . the cx5 is available to her via family inheritance, i believe it’s a 2021 with under 9k miles . looks to be a decent vehicle . it’s mint ….
What made my mind was all the good reviews about the mazda, specifically the engine, the only but is that is an direct injection motor, this mean carbon in the upper part of the valves.

My nephew works in R&D for the auto industry. They currently have a half-dozen Chi-Com cars to tear-down and evaluate. Doesn't look good, folks.

What made my mind was all the good reviews about the mazda, specifically the engine, the only but is that is an direct injection motor, this mean carbon in the upper part of the valves.
And plugged EGR.
Wife's car was clogged up, part is on national backorder, soaked it in purple power and sprayed it with CRC valve cleaner. So far so good, saved $980 on a new one.

I recently bought a 2014 ram pretty similar to the one I had and shouldn't have sold for a worker of mine who's credit sucks but a very good family man, I drove it and man what a difference from the 2022 I had. I then remembered why I ditched GMC and went to Ram in the first place. too bad Stellantis. wondering if the Hellcats got cheapened as well. I trust the Canadians up in brampton but not the company that owns the plant. :(

My Ford vehicles are going strong and actually no major problems since purchase. 2013 and 2010 respectively that were purchased used. 2010 is my truck, and 2013 is my grocery-getter. Retired so no commute to work as way too many in the US have to endure!!! Low mileage still on both for their ages, the truck is paid off, and the grocery getter has another year and a half left and it is also paid off. There is no way I would venture into a new vehicle let alone a vast majority of the foreign makes. Just my preference is all...cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

My Ford vehicles are going strong and actually no major problems since purchase. 2013 and 2010 respectively that were purchased used. 2010 is my truck, and 2013 is my grocery-getter. Retired so no commute to work as way too many in the US have to endure!!! Low mileage still on both for their ages, the truck is paid off, and the grocery getter has another year and a half left and it is also paid off. There is no way I would venture into a new vehicle let alone a vast majority of the foreign makes. Just my preference is all...cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:
i have never owned a foreign made auto . we have always bought american as my father ( a ww2 vet ) would not tolerate foreign vechicles . my father in law a uaw ( chevrolet employee) also influenced my wife . granted my dad passed in the early 1970’s but i still listen to him . this opportunity in the purchase of the mazda will be our first time considering a foreign auto. not sure how i feel about it , …..it’s definitely a money issue , do i want to afford a $45000 used chevy or a $20000 mazda ?

It will be all like US Steel some day , pay the worker and cash out on the USA! Then leave the mess behind and make money. Look at the meat industry — Smithfield . We are in dire straights and getting raped in the process and our children and grandchildren haven’t got a leg to stand on. No production capability when the wars come then what ...

Last edited:
It will be all like US Steel some day , pay the worker and cash out on the USA! Then leave the mess behind and make money. Look at the meat industry — Smithfield . We are in dire straights and getting raped in the process and our children and grandchildren have got a leg to stand on. No production capability when the wars come then what ...
indeed a sad situation. i remember a few years back chevy was having trouble getting spark plugs nearly shut down production! imagine what could happen if ….. ?

i have never owned a foreign made auto . we have always bought american as my father ( a ww2 vet ) would not tolerate foreign vechicles . my father in law a uaw ( chevrolet employee) also influenced my wife . granted my dad passed in the early 1970’s but i still listen to him . this opportunity in the purchase of the mazda will be our first time considering a foreign auto. not sure how i feel about it , …..it’s definitely a money issue , do i want to afford a $45000 used chevy or a $20000 mazda ?
I have owned Honda and VW throughout my car buying experiences. Honda makes a very fine auto and their offerings are top-notch. VW isn't what it once was yet is still very popular. Mazda at one time was owned by Ford and you could see the crossover look in the vehicles at that time. i.e. The Ford Ranger and B1000 Mazada trucks are a good example. cr8crshr/Bill :usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

Auto Transport Service
Back