• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Progress report, Junkyard Dog

Did you see what I started with? Actually you are right it was on the risky side. I was putting it off because I thought it was going to be a huge hassle and there were several reasons I was sure it wasn't stolen.

you're doing an awsome job!

Last edited:
Ok I have just spent like the last two hours sitting in front of my computer unable to tear myself away from the intricate, well detailed, process that you are going through. It is an absolute wealth of information along with inspiration for anyone looking to tackle their own restoration. I would never undertake such a project, but it gives me inspiration for smaller projects. Thank you for all your knowledge and inspiration.

Matt, i sure hope if you had the time to go see it, that things checked out good on behalf of the DOG!

I did and it's a little, but not much further along then it was. Still should be painted soon though.

Sad that I had to go back 3 pages to find this thread! Anyways, got a call from Randy down at B&B the other day and he wanted to meet with me to go over there progress. What a great call that was! I went down there on Saturday morning to have a look and plot the course for the next step. Almost all of the metalwork is now done except for 2 minor details and one a little more major but will be left a suprise for the moment. Fortunately I am incredibly busy these days with the new shop I am trying to get up and running, building a website for my business and enjoying the recent publication of some of my work in a local Detroit magazine. As a result of this busy schedule I asked him to just keep going on the "DOG" until it was ready for me to drag it home for reassembly this winter. You'll be seeing a lot more of this thread in the coming weeks and months as they are about to start prepping for paint!

All good things take time. Anything done in a hurry is usually not worthy. That car has come a long long way from what it was. I'm still not finished with mine, and I didn't have anywhere near the issues that you did. Keep at it Matt

Matt, that's great about the exposure and net increase in the business end of things! And, the Dog's progress always is good too! Comparing this to my situation is interesting as my net side of things; my business is going good, so good that I have basically no time to do my own GTX! This is a good problem to have! Likely good for someone like us to hire me to do the work on their car while their own business is going great. I may farm one of mine out to paintshop in the future.

The Dog make it to paint Matt? Been Itching to see it in all of it's blue glory...

Me too Prop! It was in the paint shop when I was there last week and they were prepping the body for all of the body seam sealer and doing some additional priming. One last custom body modification which will remain a surprise, before the final pre-paint body prep. I'm thinking I will have it in my shop all painted and ready for assembly shortly after the first of the year. I'll get some pics soon.

Knowing you matt, i'm sure this "surprise " is going to blow us away.

:star_wars2: :icon_basketball: :happy1: :clock: :beerchug: :cheers2: :lotsocoffee: :happy1: :lotsocoffee: :mornincoffee: thanks matt were all waiting too see the dog :headbang:

are we there yet?? are we there yet?? are we there yet?? lol

No, no were not...my business is taking everything that I've got right now and i have no time for my cars. It's a good thing in a way, at least I'm busy.

Auto Transport Service
Back