• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Project Brown Eyed Girl.. and her 72 Satty.

Here's what she likes so far, not quite so low and more sidewall (smaller dia rim). I like her taste! Anybody ever see side markers like this? I like the flush look, hers sticks out half an inch.

View attachment 1341505
she has good taste :thumbsup:
good luck with it

I'm sure it will be nice, lucky girl/daddies girls :poke:

I know, I planned on starting this long ago but life has been way to busy. With dad's health being questionable I felt I had to finish his truck asap before I started on the car then adding 2 more kids to the family led to us adding onto the house... Long list of priorities.

In hindsight I'm glad it did get postponed, she's driving now and can hone her driving skills in the Grand Prix GTP she bought plus she's old enough now to learn and understand the amount of work it will take.. earn it. I think waiting will end up giving her a greater appreciation.

Speaking of dad's truck here it is done.View attachment 1341518View attachment 1341542View attachment 1341543
It looks great too... :thumbsup:

Most that remember me from my Charger build remember my sidekick daughter, she's always been a daddy's girl and just like her dad she had to have one so here it is. Once everything is prefitted it's getting stripped down to nothing and going on the rotisserie for a full rebuild.

The plan..

It's getting the complete drivetrain from a 2001 Dakota RT 5.9.

She wants to keep the interior pretty much as is so nothing fancy, just recover the seats and replace the panels.. probably black?

She wants it painted green (not the current bright green) with bronze aluminum mags.

I plan to remove the front valence turn signals and stretch the lower radiator opening out to full width (still contemplating where to move the turn signals to).

The biggest mod.. getting rid of the *** end. I'll be transplanting a 72 Charger rear bumper onto it along with other mods. I just don't like the *** end of these cars
Great looking project! I love the look of these cars from the front and side but I agree 100% the *** end is lacking. It will be a cool look if you can make the charger rear bumper work.

Last edited:
A 71 rear valance is straight er on the top edge, that might fit the charger bumper better than the 72.

Progress won't really take off until winter sets in with everything that's going on but I'll share anything notable from my tinkering. Last night I couldn't help myself, I was putting tools away and looked over... wonder what's under that carpet?

It's really solid, no holes anywhere that I've noticed but until it's blasted I won't know for sure. On a bitter note it definitely has some questionable bodywork. Thinking that notch was a chunk of putty that broke off I started sanding.. errr tons of mud! Wherever you find some more will follow.

Overall I'm still happy, I'll gladly bang and sand over repairing rust.
IMG_20220913_203600385_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220913_203828267_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220913_203608038_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220913_203502514_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220913_203454631_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220913_203542331_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220913_203902070.jpg

Motor and transmission are out, maybe next weekend we'll see what it takes to drop the 360 in so we can start sorting out the wiring. I assume different motor mounts? Sucks having a lift and still stuck doing it creeper style, the Charger is still on the lift waiting on a clutch slave cylinder!!
IMG_20220918_211724996_HDR.jpg

Anyone have a rough idea on what the value would be on this 1967 383 and TCI 727? I'd let the transmission go cheap, it had a broken tail shaft housing when I got it that I replaced.. it still works alright but I never drove it more than 1/4 mile so I can't garrantee anything.

Did a little farting around this weekend and was pleasantly surprised, the Charger rear bumper bolted right on with very little effort. I have a donor car lined up but I'm thinking I don't even need it now, if I pull that quarter out straight then trim maybe an inch of the bumper off and fill in the old bumper pocket it should look great. Looking like the trunk lid will be the hardest part, that's a lot of surgery to get rid of that rolled over look.View attachment 1348328 Also tackled the front valance, man did someone do a number on it but fortunately it wasn't hard to straighten out. Now I can start cutting it up to move the turn signal pods and open the center up.
IMG_20220924_214410883_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220924_221317259.jpg
IMG_20220924_214426463.jpg
IMG_20220924_225133978_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220924_225125041.jpg
IMG_20220924_231415936.jpg

IMG_20220924_231424849.jpg

Unfortunately I haven't been getting any help from the daughter, big bummer for me since I was looking forward to it but whataya do? She's in gymnastics, cheerleading, track... she's a very busy girl so I figure I'll grunt out the boring things in hopes that when the fun stuff starts she'll start getting excited. If not I'll push it outside and move on.

Traded a friend who wanted the original grill for this one and got the drivetrain dropped in so I can start figuring out the wiring before we rebuild it. Once everything is routed, mounted and terminated I'll strip the paint, check gaps then completely disassemble it.

Also started the changed to the nose, turn signals will get moved out then the lower radiator stretched out to match the shape of the bumper.

IMG_20221030_131737139_HDR.jpg

If anyone knows where I can get the correct mounting brackets for this grill let me know.

IMG_20221030_070355905_HDR.jpg
IMG_20221030_200744094.jpg

They actually gave us the week off work so I've been bouncing around trying to knock some projects out and managed to get some father daughter time. I was pretty impressed, doesn't sound like much but when I handed her the tools and told her to gut the rest of the interior she was quite capable. I'm so used to seeing kids not capable of using tools that it was relieving that she knew what she was doing.

That gave me some motivation so I figured I'd finish the front valance, talk about a lot of cutting, welding, grinding and dolly work!! Pretty happy with the results, always loved the front ends on these cars but that lower center area just always looked a bit goofy to me.
IMG_20221227_170449399_HDR.jpg
IMG_20221227_214846731.jpg
IMG_20221228_111658927_HDR.jpg
IMG_20221228_133809990_HDR.jpg
IMG_20221229_000326982_HDR.jpg
IMG_20221229_000344038_HDR.jpg
IMG_20221226_171715630_HDR.jpg

They actually gave us the week off work so I've been bouncing around trying to knock some projects out and managed to get some father daughter time. I was pretty impressed, doesn't sound like much but when I handed her the tools and told her to gut the rest of the interior she was quite capable. I'm so used to seeing kids not capable of using tools that it was relieving that she knew what she was doing.

That gave me some motivation so I figured I'd finish the front valance, talk about a lot of cutting, welding, grinding and dolly work!! Pretty happy with the results, always loved the front ends on these cars but that lower center area just always looked a bit goofy to me.
Dev, I really didn't fully understand what you wanted to do with the valance, but seeing the results makes me a believer - it looks great! :thumbsup:

Someone on here claimed that the grill brackets were being repoped and they had some of the first samples. So they are out there.

One more thing in checking out the car and the bumpers:

Could you cut off the ends of the Satellite rear bumper and graft them to the ends of the Charger bumper? I don't know if the shape of the two is close enough, but that could save some work modifying the quarters.

Just brain storming...

Dev, I really didn't fully understand what you wanted to do with the valance, but seeing the results makes me a believer - it looks great! :thumbsup:
Glad you approve, guess I didn't fowl it up to bad. The daughter stopped in today after I got it fitted back up and loved it, made my day.

One more thing in checking out the car and the bumpers:

Could you cut off the ends of the Satellite rear bumper and graft them to the ends of the Charger bumper? I don't know if the shape of the two is close enough, but that could save some work modifying the quarters.

Just brain storming...
That's an idea I'll look into. I was looking at it and thinking that if I pulled the quarters out straight the the quarters along the edge of the trunk would get fatter as it went back, I don't think that would look good? I'm now considering narrowing the bumper to match the body and your suggestion could fill the pockets. I was hoping to sell the original though, it's pretty nice.

I was looking at it and thinking that if I pulled the quarters out straight the the quarters along the edge of the trunk would get fatter as it went back, I don't think that would look good?
There are obviously several ways to do it, but I would think if you did that, it would need to start near the rear wheel - otherwise I think it would look a little goofy because the slope to the wider bumper would be too steep.

I was hoping to sell the original though, it's pretty nice.
Totally get it; I'd hate to destroy something that is clean and in nice shape. If you DID want to entertain this idea, perhaps finding a 71-72 bumper that is junk in the center but has good ends?

Again - just brainstorming. I'm sure you will work out something cool!

You can always make fiberglass moulds from your bumpers and blend them together, then paint the final result.

You can always make fiberglass moulds from your bumpers and blend them together, then paint the final result.
Definitely could but I'd like to keep that thick bumper on it just Incase.

There are obviously several ways to do it, but I would think if you did that, it would need to start near the rear wheel - otherwise I think it would look a little goofy because the slope to the wider bumper would be too steep.

Totally get it; I'd hate to destroy something that is clean and in nice shape. If you DID want to entertain this idea, perhaps finding a 71-72 bumper that is junk in the center but has good ends?

Again - just brainstorming. I'm sure you will work out something cool!
If you scroll up where I took a picture with a straight edge held against the quarter you'll see it's really straight then make a curve inward at about 12" from the end. If I alter the quarters it would be from there back but definitely leaning away from that.

Moving on to this mess!!! Fortunately I have a good friend who's a genius with auto wiring, he does it for a living so he printed out the schematic and gave me the run down on how to make sense of it. Now to figure out what I'm keeping and how to put together a nice relay/fuse package?

I've been away awhile, what happened to all the cool emojis? Gold member access only?

IMG_20221229_181603388_HDR.jpg

I really thought these would be full of mud but holy cow are they nice! I knew the driver side had issues from the wavy lower bodyline and the chipped Bondo on the front edge but... not so much. The front edge is pushed in a bit and the bodyline is almost perfect just sloppy work.
IMG_20221229_125455274_HDR.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back