• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Project Cars Under $1000.

Borgward Isabella, 2 door wagon no less. You'd definitely have the only one on your street.

https://albany.craigslist.org/cto/d/lake-luzerne-borgward-isabella-2door/6834688834.html

Screenshot_20190404-231207.jpg

These Deals are all over SoCal, I see them all the time, just don't have a big enough back yard.

Mopars are drying up around north central US. Many wrecking yards are shutting down as the owner gets up in age, with no one taking over. Honey holes have fewer each time I visit. I grew up in the phoenix area and went back to visit 8 years ago, Art Coffer and DV used to be the yards I visited on a regular basis in the 80's. Now its a clapped out late model yard, the other is hollywood expensive. If I made it California way, I'd want to fill an 8 place trailer and contemplate a second run.

I got a call from a guy...I seem to have cars find ME rather than ME finding cars.

This car: $600 including a bunch of parts:
IMG_2710.JPG
IMG_2714.JPG

I did body and paint, pulled the engine to spray the engine bay, I just finished the headliner and windshield installation. Soon I'll sell it.
2019 6.JPG

2019 4.JPG

My 67 Belvedere wagon was $850 about 3.5 years ago.

good body, original paint.

needs floor pans due to driveshaft damage and rust caused by bare metal from said damage.

also needs upholstery and interior paint

I was able to get my 70' Road Runner for free. I saw it sitting outside a auto repair shop for years. I finally stopped one day and asked them what they were going to do with it? His reply was, you want thar p.o.s? Hook a chain to it and drag it out and it's yours. I went home and hooked up my trailer and brought it home that day. Deals are still out there. Oh, and it came with a lot of rust and was missing a lot of parts.

I contacted this one, going to look at it. Thanks!!

That's cool.
I need to know, are those reverse lights, tail lights, what?
If they are lenses of some kind it's amazing they're still there.

00E0E_dwZrvoMa3iy_1200x900.jpg

That's cool.
I need to know, are those reverse lights, tail lights, what?
If they are lenses of some kind it's amazing they're still there.

View attachment 745414
Don't know what year it is yet, those are red brake lights that have been bleached white by the sun.

Last edited:
This guy buys cheap cars online that don't run, takes a couple days at the seller's house to make them road worthy, and drives them home.

Deals are still out there, the 1k and less are tough to find and go quick, usually. Here's one for 2500 that's 4 states away and has been up for just over an hour, I don't expect it to last the day without a new owner. Needs typical pans and metal patches.
56236243_2454190121260317_3081834125179486208_n.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back