• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Project Rat Rod V code 70 Charger R/T is about to begin.

I hear ya Pete very little time in the summer winter is different

Holy crap...12 hour days ???

The Charger went out for a ride yesterday, unfortunately not on its own power. We are setting up the garage to paint my friends 69 Dart GTS, so the Charger is taking up temporary residence in his garage until the Dart get painted.
20210925_133419.jpg
20210925_145203.jpg
20210925_145220.jpg

Well the Charger project might have to be on hold for a while until I raise some more cash! I got this note the other day, and I am a few bucks short of the randsom demands! They would have to pry the Budweiser from my cold dead hands!
20211005_073439.jpg

The 69 Dart GTS 383 4 speed car got a fresh coat of B5 blue yesterday! So once I meet the ransome demands the Charger R/T should be returned safely to the garage!
20211010_102918.jpg
20211010_193814.jpg

If you have to do the work a second time, do people call you REPete ??

34D069C9-8E62-4DE2-955A-70DBF4FD956D.gif

Thats my garage Steve! My motto is I always do it right the second time KD! My dads name was Pete,and so is my sons !

I wasn't sure it was so clean I've never seen an area like that in your garage thought maybe it was in a different zip code :thumbsup:

Well the V code Charger R/T is finally back at home in the garage. I hope to get back to work on it as soon as the weather breaks in the spring.

You realize if you had heat and Budweiser ....you'd be working on da charge!!!!!

It's going to be-5 degrees here tomorrow morning Steve! There's not enough heat or Budweiser to make me go out there and work on the car! Lol

Negative 5° ....
EEK!
(This post brought to you from South Louisiana)

Temperature is supposed to moderate today, which is good because I need to put brake pads and rotors on my truck tonight.

Well it has been a while since I updated this thread, and although I have been doing it lot of things lately with the garage and the cars, I have not been able to get much done on this car. That said,I picked up a set of 70 Charger woodgrain interior door panels. They were tan in color, so I figured that I could easily dye them to burnt orange,so I got the dye from Herbs parts,and today I cleaned them up and dyed them. They came out pretty good. The key to making these door panels work are the moldings that go on them. I bought a set of really ratty woodgrain door panels about a year ago at a local swap meet. The guy wanted $50 for them,I offered $10 for them,he came back at $25,I held firm at $10 and he begrudgingly accepted my offer! Those moldings are made of unobtainium! SCORE! I was ecstatic to get them for only ten bucks! I carefully removed the moldings from the ratty door panels and threw the ratty woodgrain panels away.. The new door panels I just dyed, appear to be Legendary reproduction panels that were taken off because they, probably couldn't find the moldings! I paid $60 for the set at Carlisle. Tomorrow after the panels are completely dried I will install the moldings. They will need new Charger script emblems too. The car came from the factory with the standard Charger door panels which don't have the map pockets in 1970,like the woodgrain ones o. These are a nice upgrade for the car and because it has the woodgrain dash and console top,they will look great in this car! Winning! Lol

20220719_160008.jpg

Last edited:
These are what the standard 70 Charger door panels look like, without the map pockets. I like the woodgrain ones with the pockets much better!

20220605_210724.jpg

20220605_210715.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back