• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Project Rat Rod V code 70 Charger R/T is about to begin.

I understand, and feel the temptation. For now I’ll keep it at one car. Starting one with my wife shortly, but that’s a Beetle convertible. Whole different animal but should be fun just the same.

I often wonder what I could have built,just doing one or two cars. My way spreads the funds too thin to get as much done on them. The beetle Vert will be fun for her to drive.

I'm having a great time at Carlisle and rounding up some of the parts that I need for the car! Not much better than hanging out with friends after the **** show that happened last year! Unpdates on the bounty will follow!

I mostly got a bunch of small brackets and hardware that I needed to get the car running. Sixpack accelerator cable bracket, sixpack coil bracket, shifter rod kit, sixpack return spring bracket, dipstick and dipstick tube. I also got a new gas pedal, the stud nut and sleeve kit to install the exhaust manifolds too. I started painting all the brackets and hardware so that they could be installed on the car.
20210713_143523.jpg
20210713_143523.jpg
20210713_143554.jpg
20210713_151950.jpg
20210713_151957.jpg

I put my new fender cover on the car and I installed the new exhaust manifold stud,nut and sleeve kit in!
20210622_064139.jpg
20210713_201441.jpg

I gave the new fuel pump a coat of high heat clear to protect the new look of the pump.
20210715_082100.jpg

20210718_124037.jpg
20210718_132400.jpg
20210718_132356.jpg
When I went to Carlisle,one of the things on my list to buy was the exhaust system. Two of my friends who between the three of us,corner the market on all things 70 Charger parts wise in our area,beat me to getting exhaust systems without paying huge shipping costs. I bought the tailpipes,stainless tips and tip hangers,but the three vendors who make exhaust systems were sold out of H pipes. Today I was in my loft and I looked up in the rafters,and there was a brand new H pipe,and the whole rest of the exhaust system. It is for a 69 Charger,so I have to swap out the right exhaust manifold to use it,but I have a 69 HP manifold that will fit,until I can get the correct H pipe next year at Carlisle.

Last edited:
Last night I had to stop working on the car and clean up the garage! It was getting out of hand! I am going to paint the water pump and the 69 right exhaust manifold tonight.

When are we going to see some pictures of that thing roasting the rear tires on Rhode Island pavement:thumbsup:

I hope to have the car running and driving before the end of the season Steve. I know that this seems like a long tedious process and it is, but for some reason on this car I seem to find myself doing most things atleast twice and working 60 hour weeks isn't leaving much time to get this done. I keep picking away at it when I can.

:thumbsup:we love pictures and occasional updates !!!

Unfortunately I have not had any time to get any more done on the car. So today I had a few minutes to paint the new water pump. I know it's kind of trivial but I figured that any forward progress is something. I had to help my friend get his Challenger R/T SE ready to sell,and move a couple of the other projects to his place where he generously offered to store them for me for a while. I got family commitments for the next couple weeks so I don't know when I can get back on the car.
20210803_125741.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back