• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Proof nobody pays much attention to avatar pics around here...

moparedtn

I got your Staff Member riiiight heeeere...
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:14 AM
Reaction score
This one had been mine for the last month or so:
156746584_4091232937556230_1746522029215053757_n.jpg
Pretty stark comment, eh? Thought-provoking....or so I thought, anyways.
Know how many folks have mentioned it even in passing though?
Exactly one...
Same number that had noticed I was absent a couple weeks recently with all
that hospital-provoking crap, come to think of it.

Life keeps ya humble. Especially the likes of me...:)

View attachment 1433281
Exactly one...

I noticed it but qhen I enlarged it to try and read it, it just got blurry and I couldn't make it out. But, yeah, I get it.

I noticed your new avatar, read it and thought, okay, people change their avatars periodically and maybe that's the way he's feeling lately. Same thing about taking a week off. Some dissappear from here weeks, months at a time.

We're here for you Ed. Just give us a shout out :)

I noticed your new avatar, read it and thought, okay, people change their avatars periodically and maybe that's the way he's feeling lately. Same thing about taking a week off. Some dissappear from here weeks, months at a time.

We're here for you Ed. Just give us a shout out :)
Oh, I'm not looking for attention or anything like that my friend.
The choice of avatar pic was actually something I've had saved for some years now, a product of life's results
I've witnessed as each day (ironically?) renders me ever closer to "the last one standing" as family and friends
disappear - and the few who I'm left with ain't really worth the effort, honestly.

Oh - and choice of avatar pic was made independently of getting so deathly ill.
Coincidence at best...
Instead, it was a bit of an experiment - figured I'd toss the pic up here to see if anyone paid any attention to
Turns out, either it wasn't thought-provoking enough - or they don't.
Tried the same on FB with it a while back.
Same result.
Experiment over with entirely expected results. :)

That saying says alot about today's world we live in. Things have really changed from when I was a kid. I long for the way things used to be but I'm afraid it's not coming back.

Endeavor to persevere :poke:

That saying says alot about today's world we live in. Things have really changed from when I was a kid. I long for the way things used to be but I'm afraid it's not coming back.
As you know I very much agree, my friend...
As much as guys our age and beyond began to naturally wonder about our "legacies" in past years,
nowadays I wonder if the often the only reason a fella is remembered after he's gone is for the negative
reasons - or if his TikTok page had enough followers, for example.

Me, I've let go of any such notion of being remembered at all - especially since anyone much I valued their
opinions from are already gone, save a couple folks - but mostly because it'll be like I was never here once
I do finally succeed at bucket-kickin'...

...and that's ok.
Ain't why I was ever here anyways, which was the lesson to begin with eh?

Endeavor to persevere
View attachment 1433281
Exactly one...

This is the only avatar I see on my Droid.
6949.jpg

View attachment 1433281
Exactly one...

Did you let the people know that they meant a lot to you?

As you know I very much agree, my friend...
As much as guys our age and beyond began to naturally wonder about our "legacies" in past years,
nowadays I wonder if the often the only reason a fella is remembered after he's gone is for the negative
reasons - or if his TikTok page had enough followers, for example.

Me, I've let go of any such notion of being remembered at all - especially since anyone much I valued their
opinions from are already gone, save a couple folks - but mostly because it'll be like I was never here once
I do finally succeed at bucket-kickin'...

...and that's ok.
Ain't why I was ever here anyways, which was the lesson to begin with eh?

Eh, I'll remember you.

I'll remember you in my last will & testament..."I remember Ed"
:lol:

The best testament to your worth in your community or the world at large is the people that care enough to remember you by attending your visitation or funeral. Sadly, it is too late by then.

View attachment 1433281
Exactly one...

I noticed it but it was hard for me to read. When I could read it, it made me sad to think about.
It is a kick to the butt to learn that some people don't regard a person as much as the person regarded others.

Ed, you had a large hand in helping @CudaChick1968 and that’s where I got more familiar with members here.
You were working your tail off keeping objects and bids in order. I donated a weird 3-way Charger R/T Hemi “Enlarged” photo from a car show that honestly was a total mistake. The 35mm film camera got stuck on the last picture on the roll that it was exposed 3 times.

I communicate here by pecking one finger on a phone and so I don’t do long messages. I takes me forever.

During one of your Birthday roundhouse sessions I chimed with a picture of an interior shot of a 4- speed C-body. Someone else guessed correctly that it was a ‘65 300L. I had been meaning to spill the beans on this site manly because you responded to me that I had kind of a holy grail, or something like that.

Cat’s Out Of The Bag, ‘65 300L Manual Trans, A/C and More

I kind of wrap myself into projects which keeps me content. Lately I sold a ‘68 Coronet R/T project, moved from “drive by shootings” in Illinoise, moved to a “saner hill” in Arkansas , I also acquired a 4-door ‘68 Coronet 500 parts car and the ‘78 4-door Fury pursuit vee-hickle. The engine block for the ‘78 also showed up.

I know I’m talking about material things but maybe really it the quest and the satisfaction of achieving an end. Or is it really a beginning.

Do I know what I’m doing? I don’t ask or answer just do. A new friend here is a 78 year old Vietnam Vet and he spoke of being in nam in the Army in an abandoned French camp with an Air Force base next door. He spoke of the almost daily planes taking off next door that had the Army troops running for tents, canopies, cover because the U.S. Planes rained Agent Orange on Everyone Everyplace Everywhere. He’s a Rod and Custom builder for himself and a Dominos player.

Your Fred is a mirror image of my mine. I find that fascinating.

0A841CD6-D348-44AB-A8A4-1A13B31ADDB5.png

5AD09E00-2BF8-4580-BAF9-D31F60F85C92.jpeg

8420AB2E-8B20-479F-891C-09E63A7E965A.jpeg

“I’ve got blisters on my fingers!”

The best testament to your worth in your community or the world at large is the people that care enough to remember you by attending your visitation or funeral. Sadly, it is too late by then.
I reckon that's why there's been cases of folks staging their own deaths (just to see who attends their funerals).
That's some methed up shiyat, right there. :)

No, attendance at a wake or funeral often isn't about respect or love, unfortunately - it's often more to do with "local
politics", especially in small towns, where it's more important to be seen attending the "correct" events.
It's certainly the case around here - but as I didn't grow up here, have no relatives here and am not part of the
political scene here, I attend events for the folks I respected/loved as individuals for the right reasons.

That doesn't score me any points with the potentates around here - which suits me just fine.

Auto Transport Service
Back