• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROPORTIONING VALVE PROBLEM

I've got a new junction block ordered and will replace it with the Proportioning valve form my Drum/Drum car. Very much interested in 6packtogo and Kern Dogs replies, I believe them to be spot on. Rebuilt the entire front suspension over the winter, can't wait to get it off the stands on the ground. 4 speed car 60K miles. Who ever had it sprayed a Zeibart type sealer over the inside floor pan and bottom side-frame is very good. Decent survivor car. Has a 72' 440 in it, supposed to have a 383-I do have a 1970 dated short block for it too.
Thanks for all the help, keeps retirement interesting.

Stock '69 B-body drum/disk valve ...

IMG_1683 (2018_04_23 16_45_56 UTC).JPG

That is just a distribution block. 69 and earlier B body used bendix system. So just a distribution block and a separate proportioning valve attached to frame driver side rear. Reduces pressure over a set point for drums that need less pressure than disk. In 70 and up B body you had a block, proportioning valve and additional meter valve for front disk. First was 3 piece than they started combining into one valve.

OP needs to show picture, he keeps saying he will use a proportioning valve and he does not need it for drum drum. Maybe car was disc drum to start and someone converted to front drums back when they were not so plentiful. Who knows, but without pictures he is just throwing money and parts at a problem.

I've got a new junction block ordered and will replace it with the Proportioning valve form my Drum/Drum car. Very much interested in 6packtogo and Kern Dogs replies, I believe them to be spot on. Rebuilt the entire front suspension over the winter, can't wait to get it off the stands on the ground. 4 speed car 60K miles. Who ever had it sprayed a Zeibart type sealer over the inside floor pan and bottom side-frame is very good. Decent survivor car. Has a 72' 440 in it, supposed to have a 383-I do have a 1970 dated short block for it too.
Thanks for all the help, keeps retirement interesting.

So did you fix this problem you were having?

Auto Transport Service
Back