• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Proportioning valve switch

Coronet67guy

Local time
10:56 AM
Reaction score
So I'm trying to trace down what this switch actually does and what should connect to it. This is connected to the proportioning valve. Nothing has ever been connected to it and the single wire before I cleaned it up looked like it had been burnt. The cruise has never worked on my 74 SE but I'm not sure if this connector would of had anything to do with that. What research I've done seems to indicate it may control some type of brake warning lights or emergency brake light. Any advice would be appreciated.

IMG_6203.jpg

It wires into the same bulb as the parking brake warning light... It applies ground to the wire if one side of the hydraulic system loses pressure.... Has nothing to do with the cruise...

It wires into the same bulb as the parking brake warning light... It applies ground to the wire if one side of the hydraulic system loses pressure.... Has nothing to do with the cruise...

Thanks, I didn't think it did but not sure where else to go on the cruise. Everything hooked up and getting power but no cruise! So that tells me where the broken wire goes right? What about that connector?

Auto Transport Service
Back