• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Prototype Hood - R&D Survey

I like chicken pot pie.
X2 on all counts

Potato salad is good too, but it always seems to be hit or miss. I hate a salad with hard under cooked potatoes & I also hate salad with overcooked soggy potatoes. Rarely do you get potato salad with spuds that are cooked just right, but when you do, it's delicious.

How about some fried cheese wrapped by a burger and an onion?

maxresdefault.jpg

Andddd..... I just threw a pizza in the oven. Thanks, guys.

Not my style, sorry not trying to insult you...
just a critique

I do applaud the effort, it's thinking out of the box

maybe a toned down version,
following org style a bit more
may not look so out of place...

Mopar people are really "**** retentive"
about altering too much for the org. body lines/styling

I am a big fan of the 6bbl & Six Pack lift off style hoods
or hinged

Even the 2 scoops like the Super Bee hoods & N96 air box could be cool
{for/on a Dodge}

a reverse "Trans-am vortec" style scoop like a AAR Cuda
or a Six Pak scoop like on a 70 T/A

I've even seen some very well done sort of a cowl hood
like the 70 RR has

The buldge hoods on the 3rd gen Chargers & RR/GTX's are nice

I prefer steak and potatoes myself - if that helps contribute to our hobby.
In the meantime, I'll stay focused upon the original thread's content & objective.

Should I decide to proceed further:
The U.S.A. and Canada are both STILL on the table, in sharing key elements of the Manufacturing Process,
International Marketing, Sales and Distribution, the politics of which should not be discussed on this forum
in respect of the Webmaster's opening instructions.

On the worldwide stage, the word 'colour' is more commonly recognized, than is the word 'color'. While both
can be used interchangeably, I do recognize and appreciate your preferred spelling of the word, while others
within the International scene - may not agree. That said, should things progress further - advertising of any
nature, pertaining to this product, shall be translated accordingly.

I threw together a quick draft of what potential advertising would look like, for the purpose of this post only.
I agree, it falls short of the mark, in addressing many specific details about the product, not just those,you
have mentioned so far. When the prototype is completed, I will have an EXACT understanding of all specs.,
which would most certainly be included in future marketing and support documentation.

My estimate, re: improved center clearance = 4.00 inches or 10.16 centimeters.

Deciding what hood suites your ride, is a very personal choice, not one others should make for you. I have,
and will continue to respect all status quo options out there. This product or another persons version of this
design - is simply another style and choice in our great hobby. Thank-you for your constructive comments.

Last edited:
Maybe if it wasn't so tall, like an inch clearance. It wouldn't look so exaggerated.

20170828_175308.jpg

Now that's a pie!
devils-horn-smiley-emoticon.gif

The "Repo" spelling error is a major concern of mine. Given my edjamacation, I should have caught this mistake long before post. Rest assured - a correction of this distracting error, is at the very, very top of my to-do list. Thank-you.

The "Repo" spelling error is a major concern of mine. Given my edjamacation, I should have caught this mistake long before post. Rest assured - a correction of this distracting error, is at the very, very top of my to-do list. Thank-you.
Yah, the grammar police are a bitch,,, if i was worried about trying to correct everybodies flaws with proper pronouns & descriptive adjectives i wouldn't get anything else done & still wouldn't cover all the written language violators.
But i did pounce on someone once for trying to modify an absolute, but that was motivated by other factors in a cat fight. :) Best Wishes for You & Your hood project, You could make Historical History

Relax guys....If a professional advertisement has a typo, it needs to be corrected, certainly so in the interest of looking professional.

Relax guys....If a professional advertisement has a typo, it needs to be corrected, certainly so in the interest of looking professional.
Just having some fun Kern, all in jest.....to add, the word should be spelled in full. Repo & Repro are both i believe, slang contractions, although Webster's may recognize them in the same manner as ain't.:)

It was an exemplar draft...for you guys to kick around and discuss, with it in mind to answer (2) simple questions.
For one, I'm not upset regarding any comments I've seen so far. I asked for your feedback, and I'm getting lots...
Not necessarily all feedback is on topic - but I'll sort out - the wheat from the chaff, at the end of this survey.
Perhaps sooner, if this survey goes into the crapper. lol.

I see you edited the draft text already, moving forward.

I notice a lot of extra-heightened cowl hoods on Chevelles and Camaros, and they look too "bulbous" compared to a normal 1 1/2" or so cowl. Here, the side scoops aren't flowing nice with this "bulbous" center, what, 4" or so? Just my opinion.

I think nothing's badder (in the cool way) than an A12 hood. Maybe the side inserts would play better with a front-charge style scoop like that. As large as a Demon's, and capitalize on that popular inertia.

But if its just for your taste, a fiberglass one could be made cheap enough?

Following survey, design concepts deleted by author.

Last edited:
Following survey, design concepts deleted by author.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back