• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Prototype Hood - R&D Survey

Oldtimer

Local time
3:18 PM
Reaction score
HPD Custom Hood Prototype - Survey Closed.

Last edited:
I agree with 470, but don't know how it would look on a 69 bee. maybe redo a 69 bulge hood

Sorry, Not a fan of the style. I do see the need for a hood design that offers more clearance though. I'm glad that someone is coming up with ideas. I'm sure that it will appeal to others.
Also, REPRO is short for Reproduction.
REPO is short for Repossession.

Interesting look, but I'm an early B guy. Nice trailer by the way!
Mike

It's not yanking my chain, but, I see the effort involved and give you props for it! No dog in this fight, mines a 67, but I can see how that style of stock hood would not lend itself to many variations. I like to draw and design stuff so I'll try to doodle for a few days and see if I can think of a different way to go..

Just a couple general comments:

Since the hood solves a problem with clearance, not for the 3/8" type you can solve with an air cleaner mod, but more, you should state the extra clear over stock. Also, the target audience may be better pinpointed on a couple other sites with specific "racer" sections, i.e. that other site and racingjunk.com for example.

If you are promoting "Made in USA" (awesome!) you should use american-style spelling i.e. "color" (and it will make KernDog happy!). The biggest chunk of your buyers will be more comfortable thinking you're one of them.

Not sure about the lighted panels. What will the back side look like (seen from interior)?

First: Love your car! Next: Not sure about the hood. The clearance is an obvious advantage right off the bat. But it is really hard to form a true opinion with only the one picture. From here it kinda looks like it is "swollen" up to me. Is the back open for cowl induction? It would be very helpful if you had more pictures from various angles, especially but not only, from the driver's seat.

Your hood would be a challenge to deter a buyer from a six pack hood.......

Good Morning...
I am reviewing all of your comments and I appreciate the critiques, suggestions and questions.
I will be responding to your initial questions and concerns shortly.
Thank-you :)

I like liverwurst & onion with stoneground mustard sammies

Not a fan of carbon fiber or any composites. I am using glass on my project however because i'm not a sheet metal fabricator & i'm doing a fair amount of reshaping in nose area. If i could afford a clip fabbed in alloy i would deffo go that route.
I don't care for scoops that rise high & break hood lines. I do like stock GTX & RR low rise hoods & have thought for a 68/69 Coronet, i would like to graft a GTX/RR low rise scoop section into a flat Coronet hood.

Chicken salad is my favorite way to consume chicken.

I like chicken pot pie.

Potato salad is good too, but it always seems to be hit or miss. I hate a salad with hard under cooked potatoes & I also hate salad with overcooked soggy potatoes. Rarely do you get potato salad with spuds that are cooked just right, but when you do, it's delicious.

Auto Transport Service
Back