• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PRW Water Pump with March Revolver

pturner

Local time
9:56 AM
Reaction score
I had asked this question about one year ago. I cannot get water flow thru my heater core. I am using a March Revolver system and it utilizes a PRW aluminum water pump. The water pump has two 3/4" NPT ports on the pump. One is close to the thermostst hole and one is furthur away. I cannot find out which port is the discharge from the pump, and which is the port for return water from the heater core. The people at PRW have told me different opinions from two different people there. I also think I have an air bubble in the core not allowing flow. I am installing a Tee fitting with bleeder in each hose to try to eliminate the air pocket. This is on a Big block 383 engine.
Tried to call March Performance today with no one answering the phone. Has anyone used the March Revolver with the PRW pump?
Open to any suggestions or recomendations as to these ports or help identifying them.
Thanks in advance
PT in Tennessee

I am sure someone will have more accurate information but I'd run two lines from those ports into a bucket, might want to have some type of turn valve on each for control but then run the engine and see what is pushing water out.

The FSM shows correct cooling system flow. You do have one don't you?
Mike

On my '67 w 383, the aft hole on water pump housing that is closest to the distributor goes to the fitting closest to the center of the fire wall. Then the "U" hose, then the fitting closest to passenger fender to the hole closest to fan on housing.

Getting the hoses crossed is no big deal, there is no one way check valve or anything in the core. Air can definitely be an issue though since the hoses are pretty much the highest things in the system.

The FSM shows correct cooling system flow. You do have one don't you?
Mike
I do have one but the factory stock pump has ports beside each other running front to back, my PRW pump has the ports left side to right side.

I do have one but the factory stock pump has ports beside each other running front to back, my PRW pump has the ports left side to right sidy
Your original post says you are working on a 383 correct? A 383 water pump doesn't have fittings, the water pump housing does though.

Getting the post count up one "duh" reply at time !!
I'm not 20, so I don't worry about post count or "likes". But I do understand words have meanings just as proper punctuation does. Accuracy matters.

Thanks all for the good info. The pic supplied by pnora is exactly what i have. I do not have the ports connected this way. Yes, the housing is from PRW. That was supplied by March with the other components for the belt system. I have one sensor for a dash temperature display, and the one on the left side of the thermostat connected to a sensor for the EFI
Great Thanks to you pnora for your defined pic and explanation.
Now I can get the heater working correctly.
Again Thanks all.
PT in Tennessee

Working to correct hose configuration this morning. After removing my sending unit in the front hole I see it is a 3/8 NPTF hole. I can use a bell reducer with nipple to make it fit my 1/2" NPTM oring hose fitting. Your pic looks like 3/8" also. Just wondering why 3/8 ? I guess flow thru a 3/8 hole gives plenty of hot water to the core. Also looks like the boss for the hole could not take a 1/2" hole without being really thin. Just thinking.
PT in Tennessee

Ordered a few stainless fittings today. Have them tomorrow.
Again manyThanks for your help.
PT in Tennessee

Auto Transport Service
Back