• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PSA: Don't Text & Drive

We're not talking about a 1 of 1 hemi car with some special VIN code that was blessed by the Pope as it rolled off of the assembly line at the 11th hour of St. Moparian's last best factory before a meteor struck it and destroyed everything but the memories of what once was.
As @67SniperHockey said above: Pure Gold !
I can't stop laughing. Glad you have a good sense of humor in light of what happened. Hope your leg heals back to 100%

Man that sucks! These morons should be arrested - they need to make a new law "attempted vehicular homicide" or something. Mandatory 10 years in prison.
Looking at the damage in the photos again though, and looking at it from a "glass half full" perspective, once that rear quarter and door are removed, plus the tail panel, it would look a lot better - just like someone's car that was under restoration and almost done. Heck, we'd all be saying "wow the car's coming along, nearly finished!"
I reckon it's fixable, and this time next year it will all be a distant bad memory.

That sucks big time!

I was out driving in my wagon the other day and a guy pulled out right in front of me, busy looking down at his phone, barely stopped in time from T-boning him....really close too maybe 6" from his vehicle.

Man that sucks! These morons should be arrested - they need to make a new law "attempted vehicular homicide" or something. Mandatory 10 years in prison.
Looking at the damage in the photos again though, and looking at it from a "glass half full" perspective, once that rear quarter and door are removed, plus the tail panel, it would look a lot better - just like someone's car that was under restoration and almost done. Heck, we'd all be saying "wow the car's coming along, nearly finished!"
I reckon it's fixable, and this time next year it will all be a distant bad memory.

The biggest mistake in repairing that car would be to cut the panels off before it was put on a frame machine and the pulls made to get it back close or right where it should be...that's when you start to peel off the bad parts and begin the parts list needed to make like new again.

Heartbreaking, to say the least. The car was stopped and hit by a distracted driver.
Another one bites the dust...Looking like a total loss.
If anyone knows of a body shop in Pennsylvania/Ohio/New York area with a 1970 B-Body jig, please let me know. Otherwise, this one might end up becoming a parts car.
Thanks in advance.

View attachment 1170809 View attachment 1170810 View attachment 1170811 View attachment 1170812

Hey Joe.......Take a tape measure and check the wheelbase for one thing, to see if the frame rails kinked or if the sheetmetal absorbed most of the hit. Take some Plumb Bobs under it and hang them from frame in specific spots and you can get three dimensional numbers to go by to give a better idea. I would have to see some detailed pictures and more info in order to give you an idea of what direction to take with the car. How did the door get damaged...? Did it Pop open and get hit while opened? and did the pillar get bent? Is the car driveable as is.....A lot of questions in order to make any judgement.....BUT, Do Not write it off until you speak/show it to a reputable shop. I have a shop in upstate NY and have done this stuff for my entire life and could advise if nothing else.

03568373-F408-4C31-9B88-37E62562290D.jpeg
Or get a real one

The biggest mistake in repairing that car would be to cut the panels off before it was put on a frame machine and the pulls made to get it back close or right where it should be...that's when you start to peel off the bad parts and begin the parts list needed to make like new again.

Exactly right. The worst thing you can do on a unibody is start cutting panels until its pulled and braced. You never know until you have it on the rack but in the pics I don't see anything that won't pull cleanly there.

Exactly right. The worst thing you can do on a unibody is start cutting panels until its pulled and braced. You never know until you have it on the rack but in the pics I don't see anything that won't pull cleanly there.

Agreed....the back wheel looks to be in the proper place in the wheelwell and possibly the damage is mostly above the frame rails. We could get rich fixing things over the phone or looking at pic's.

That sucks man,glad to hear that you are ok. If the car cannot be repaired it can be replaced. Atleast you can get new sheetmetal to repair the car.

Auto Transport Service
Back