• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pulling my hair out.. Ignition. not starting

Now that I think about it, I bought one a few years ago from Advance.

IIRC it was $45, but had a $15 core, which I declined so I could keep my date correct one to rebuild.

Yeah.. I'm going to call Napa and see if they have a distributor coil for it.. and go from there..
I'm only one person No family help and no friends to help.. so its hard to check some stuff.
Thanks
tim

When others were replacing the ignition switch and other parts several times did they ever tell you what the found wrong with those parts? That detail might help you pinpoint the real issue. I'm inclined to believe you have a wiring issue instead of a component issue.

W I'm inclined to believe you have a wiring issue instead of a component issue.

HI yes. I think so too...
watch a video this morning or the MOPAR ignitiion Show all the connections involved.. YEOW.. so I started looking at all the conections .. was looking at wires found some that were bent purity sharply and some with the insulation pulled apart at the rubber but no broken wires or shorts in them.. pulled some of the pugs in the wires apart One really didn't look good dirty crusty per say.. going to repair it..
after I moved all the stuff. I decided to try and start it.. (It wouldn't start two days ago.) and it fired right up at the first turn of the key.. SOOO I think I found the problem $$$$$$$ later...
GEEEZZZEEE I hope that's it..

Thanks to all who helped
Take care Be safe
Tim
OH I'll let you know in a few days if it fails...

Have you checked the gap between the pick up coil and the reluctor? They will still run at nearly .050". With this gap they will start poor hot. But the spec is .008"-.012".
Doug

Yes that one wire I took apart that looked crusty but just put it back together ... still going to clean it up.. I think that was it.. took it for a drive it fired up each time right off bang running.. actually felt much better and more powerful smother.. Like its getting more spark.. better spark..

Thanks take care be safe
tim

Auto Transport Service
Back