• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

pulling my six

67belvedere/225

Local time
12:40 AM
Reaction score
I m glad I found a forged crank from a later year slant six for 50$ . the machine shop is turning it down. now will be able to put my high stall torque converter with lock up
should be getting the crank back tomorrow
looks like Saturday is engine day

IMG_1006.JPG

Your doing this just to swap in a forged crank? Love the Weber setup!

I'm in the same boat as you. Gathering parts for a /6 B body. I have a 71 904 trans and converter that is the 68-up with the bigger snout.It seems every slant I come across is a 67-older with the small crank register. I'll find one someday as my Gasser Slant is low on the totem pole.

Your doing this just to swap in a forged crank? Love the Weber setup!
no I am swapping early version of crank (until 67) the later version of crank end of it where the torque converter goes is larger to accept the lock up high stall torque from the 82 dodge diplomat tranny, on the six the block was changed in 76 when they went to a smaller nodular cast crank

I'm in the same boat as you. Gathering parts for a /6 B body. I have a 71 904 trans and converter that is the 68-up with the bigger snout.It seems every slant I come across is a 67-older with the small crank register. I'll find one someday as my Gasser Slant is low on the totem pole.
I was lucky I went on ebay one day and some guy just had put it for sale for 50 $ I had it shipped to Vermont and drove down on the weekend to pick it up at the cottage , I m so lucky

Oh yeah ! 2 of my past A body slants. Been a Slant fan since the first one back in 1970, a new Dart Swinger.

IMG_1932.jpg IMG_0435.jpg

Yep. Mr.Gasket kit from Jegs. It was a drag only car.

Love me them Slantys!! There may be a hair drier (turbo) hanging off the side of it in the future.

DSC04153.JPG

DSC04191.JPG

Mar- I didn't know you had a /.

Need to do some suspension and exhaust work and she'll be just about perfect.

I hope you go with 2-1/4" pipes? Looks like you got split headers and a 4 bbl on there, nice! Mine's stock except for the super 6 and a Weber 32/26 on it, nuthin fancy on my BamBam. See my tagline below!

Ahhh, the leaning tower of power! Had three of 'em - '69, '73 & '76. Couldn't kill them!

They don't go fast, they just go!

There are some fast ones out there.This one with no power adders would run 12 .90's, all motor,no juice or blow .A friend of mine has his in the low 11's all motor in a 68 Valiant. You can make em' go !

Norwalk06.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back