• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

push button trans

cornpicker

Local time
10:14 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone have any intrest in a good 727 push button trans with the cables ? Where's the markings on the trans that tells you what it came out of ? Thanks

Does anyone have any intrest in a good 727 push button trans with the cables ? Where's the markings on the trans that tells you what it came out of ? Thanks
The PB transmissions have the part # stamped in the same place as other transmissions.
The part # should be stamped on the lower rail above the pan on the Drivers side.

If you provide the part# can assist you with ID on the trans. Also sent a PM.

Slip Joint, or Trunnion ?

Big block trans is different than one from a 318 poly. (Bell housing area)

can anyone post a couple pics of the difference in the bellhousing area ? Thanks

If the cables are good, ya maybe.
You posted something about 400 blocks.... have a look where the starter mounts and compare on the bellhousing area.... small blocks going to be different.... you can tell by the distance between the top two mounting bolts too.

Lefty, What's the distance ? I can measure, I would like to know what I have, Thank you

On the big blocks, the top two bell housing bolt holes should be 6-1/2 inches apart. If it's a small block, they will be 7-3/4 inches apart.
You will also be able to see that starter pilot hole is near level with the centerline of the bell housing on a BB or hemi. Small block that pilot will be much lower.

Auto Transport Service
Back