• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pushbutton 727 filter ?

The hole is far more important than the O ring.... Paper gasket is nice but not really needed..

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.. I drilled out the filter extension and replaced the filter with the correct one, I have all three gears. No funny shifting. May need to adjust kick down a bit (seems to be shifting somewhat early , but stuff is working again). You know when you buy a used (1962) car, and a problem shows up..all you think is I got screwed. Well this time it was my honest mistake. If I didn't say it before THANK YOU ALL :)

(seems to be shifting somewhat early , but stuff is working again).

I think this is common for early unmodified Torqueflites, especially if you are used to the feel of the later part throttle kickdown ones.

Another good reason to compare parts before you install them, especially if you are not sure of the system that you are working on.
Find a Factory Service Manual for your car if you plan on future maintenance or repairs.

Auto Transport Service
Back