• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

QA 1 Control arms

tommytunes

Local time
7:55 PM
Reaction score
Guys,
Has anyone installed QA1 tubular upper controls arms and were there any problems ?
1969 Ply Roadrunner.

Put them on my 67 r/t ---- no problems here

Did the whole QA1 front end, no issues to date. Helps with getting alignment settings more dialed in!

Did the full front end with QA1 and I'm quite pleased. It was easy to get the proper alignment specs with +5 degrees caster

If you go to the QA1 website there's a video talking about the b body front end conversion with k member replacement, control arms and strut rods, showing an orange 69 Coronet as the subject. That was my car. They borrowed it over most of a winter and spent a LOT of time trial fitting, measuring, checking, etc. When I got the car back it had all the new stuff on it to compensate me for the use of my car. I was very pleased and impressed with it all. The guys at QA1 who designed, worked and engineered it all are first rate.

I should clarify this work was done during their final development work, and they wanted to use a functional car to do all the fit testing with. Earlier they'd borrowed a 69 roller b body from me for testing/fitting work. They tried all combinations of components to make sure everything worked as it should, whether used in total or if a customer only used some components.

They would do alignment measurements along the way along with road testing. Early on they determined my manual steering box was getting sloppy and didn't want to continue until I obtained a new steering box. Also replaced idler arm, tie rod ends, etc. so everything was right. The video was planned as part of their marketing. I know they also had component parts out in the field being tested by some racers.

Last edited:
Are you having trouble with the install? I went with Hotchkis which was super expensive. How much are the QA1's?

Auto Transport Service
Back