• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Quality Turn Signals Switch

69dodgesuperbee

Local time
6:40 PM
Reaction score
Hi Everyone. I have a 1969 Dodge Super Bee and my turn signals have worked great until just recently. Something broke internally in the column and now when I use the right turn signal, it doesn't cancel when you complete the turn. The left still cancels as it should. I haven't opened up the column yet, but I'm assuming I need a new turn signal switch. My question is this; where do I go to get a good quality turn signal switch? I'm always leery of the "big box" sources like Classic Industries, Year One, etc. because I have had so many fitment/operational issues in the past. Who sells the best one? Thanks for your help.

In my experience, the only good ones are NOS. Very expensive, but you can find them on ebay.

What ^^^^ said! Do it right and do it once.

This is what's wrong with your switch...
beerestoration2018 1349.JPG

If you can't find a NOS one. Look for only ones that have a wheel horn contact.
The poor quality will have a stud contact that requires dielectric grease(that wears off quickly) then you get a squeak turning the wheel.
Very annoying. Old Car Parts has a very quality switch. I have used several from them.

@Slantsixdan had quality switches at one time.
I have bought Dan's switches in the past. They are probably one of the best repops out there, but they do not have the momentary lane change feature as originals did....

Get off the wallet, it is going to hurt. Then you can forget about it forever.

I replaced the switch in my GTX twice last spring with the aftermarket stuff. I would say they are generally junk and do not work the way the originals were intended (just my opinion).

Thanks everyone for your response to my question. I'll have to dig into my column soon to see what going on with it. I just hate spending money on junk parts and truly prefer to buy quality stuff.

Thanks everyone for your response to my question. I'll have to dig into my column soon to see what going on with it. I just hate spending money on junk parts and truly prefer to buy quality stuff.
Well, you have a great opportunity to spend allot... :poke::lol:

Auto Transport Service
Back