• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Quarter window assembly

elliskev2

Local time
9:26 AM
Reaction score
Hello to everyone,
I am cleaning up the rear window mechanism:luvplace: and was wondering what others do when installing the rails, slides and pot metal frame for the quarter glass. Should you just apply some oil to the frame and grease the rails for the guides? It seems painting wouldn't be a good idea. Also where does the small black plastic piece go? :rolleyes: Thanks everyone.
20220307_160444.jpg

When I restored mine, I remembered greasing them. With what? I can't recall. As for the plastic piece, see the pic. Although this is a Superbird, that piece goes in the same location on other models.

IMG_20220307_182413992.jpg

Anything that moves on something else, I would use a good quality grease. Not a crazy amount , but good coverage .

Thinking maybe something like Fluid Film would work good on the pot metal frame vs. painting. I spent about an hour cleaning the 50yrs of crud off that piece.:usflag:

I added a thin rubber shim under the clips because they didn't fit super snug and didn't want them to rattle. Pretty sure this is a water shield and looks like an afterthought.

My car is almost 90% apart and starting to come back together. One day I shall attempt rebuilding these rear quarter windows. Not looking forward to it but it must be done!

RR qtr shield_edited.jpg

I added a thin rubber shim under the clips because they didn't fit super snug and didn't want them to rattle. Pretty sure this is a water shield and looks like an afterthought.

My car is almost 90% apart and starting to come back together. One day I shall attempt rebuilding these rear quarter windows. Not looking forward to it but it must be done!

View attachment 1251317
I was wondering what the shield was called because I need to order one for the other side.

Auto Transport Service
Back