• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about 72-4 Factory cars with rally wheel...

I have allways known the center caps with the punch out were A Body ( for whatever reason ) and the solid center were for the rest.

Didn't know Factory Rallye cars could get a spare Rallye wheel too ?¿?¿

I have never seen a factory 70-4 with rallye wheels for 5. I've only seen 4 available. That story about the center punch out was for a spare was due to too much weed!!!! Never happened.
Ron

I always thought the removable center was 75-ish and later.

Not sure why.

my 76 Aspen r/t had rallyes with the punch outs and a Rallye wheel for a spare without a centercap. I'm about 95% sure it was the original spare.

I would say is more for the balancing job, not needing to remove the cap to get the wheel into the machine.

I would say is more for the balancing job, not needing to remove the cap to get the wheel into the machine.
it would make sense , but the tire machines back then weren't of the rim clamp variety, they still would have to run the spinner clamp nut down and would end up against the cap during the dismount/mounting process?

yes... of course the spinner clamp will hold the wheel by the cap. That would be the purpouse of the hole on cap.

Auto Transport Service
Back