• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about Hood Emblems 1970 SuperBee

So, what was the V code badging on a non N96 70 Coronet/Bee?

I can't recall seeing any either.

70 RR/GTX is easy as it's a sticker on the side of the bulge

So, what was the V code badging on a non N96 70 Coronet/Bee?

I can't recall seeing any either.

70 RR/GTX is easy as it's a sticker on the side of the bulge

The '70 Coronet/Super Bee has been my #1 favorite car since the first time I saw one in the mid/late 70's at the age of 8 or 9, (it was a B5 4 door Coronet 440 with a painted white roof). I have examined more of these cars on the street, at shows and in bone yards and talked to more owners of these cars than I can count. I own a legit V-code '70 R/T. I am pretty damn sure that the Coronet R/T didn't have anything on the pitchfork/bulge hood.... regardless of the engine. The Super Bee had a "SUPER BEE" emblem.

Last edited:
"The Coronet R/T had no emblems placed on the sides of the Scoops while the Super Bee had its model name placed there. (Notice the Super Bee is 2 words where as the Roadrunner is one word)
When the Ramcharger (N96) was selected, the engine Call-Out was placed on the outboard sides of each scoop. The 440 Call-Outs on the Coronet R/T read 440 but the Super Bee was never outfitted with the 440 magnum, instead the
Now I'm confused.
Not all R/Ts came with Raisin Bran hoods? Because I've never seen an R/T w/o one.
Or is it not all R/Ts came with Ramcharger option for their Raisin Bran hoods? And only the ones with the Ramcharger (N96) option had the 440 emblem.

either hood on either car per the option sheet

Well, looks like I just learned something. I didn’t know you could get the six pack in an R/T.

I'm confused...
Ha Ha

Now: That one I "THINK" I knew...
Just saw a 70 BEE with the "HEMI" on the N96 HOOD

...so I'm still wondering about non-N96 V code (or J code) cars.

What was on the fender where the "383 Magnum" would be on a 383 car?

...so I'm still wondering about non-N96 V code (or J code) cars.

What was on the fender where the "383 Magnum" would be on a 383 car?

Nothing.

3F9E524A-4D85-4544-9DA0-9159D4F77067.png

Wow

sleeper from the factory

Well mine is not original, but it is correct in it calls out my powerplant
20181017_222501.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back