• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question: Does anyone analyze and rebuild factory original electronic distributors? 1975 Plymouth 318ci

JWKetron

Local time
11:42 PM
Reaction score
Wanted to see if anyone knows of a rebuilder or someone within this group whom can analyze an original stock electronic distributor on my low milage 1975 Plymouth Fury 2-door custom. I would like to keep the car original and stock to the best degree possible and need to have my original analyzed first. All the auto shops around me, it's a lost art. No one has an analyzer. Didn't know if someone specialized in the mopar electronic distributors of the 1970s.

I'm located in Lexington KY

Jon

@HALIFAXHOPS

But you can pretty easily check the reluctor gap, make sure the centrifigal advance isn't sticking and check the vacuum advance pretty easily yourself.
Put 1 or 2 drops of oil on near the bushings.
They are nearly maintenance free.

Thank you. I checked the vacuum advance pot. It holds vacuum and the arm moves the internals when vacuum is applied. Will look at the other items you mention as well. Thanks for the pointers.

Jon

Contact Dave @ Woodruff Carb as he has an original SUN distributor machine AND he knows how to use it ! He has done MANY older dist. all with great success. On my last engine that we dyno'd the day before Christmas , his distributor & carb work made the difference and picked up the combo BIGTIME ! You will not be disappointed !

Sure no problem at all 10 to check it for you.

Auto Transport Service
Back