• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question for people that have installed the sniper system

Like I said get the car up and running without the factory tachometer. Then figure out what the tach needs. It will be drien off the efi module. You will most likely need a driver/tach adapter for it to work. There is a guy here that works on these dashes and he might be able to tell you if the tach will work or not and if not what you might be able to do to make it work. Big thing is do not add anything into the efi system as it can bugger things up. You want it up and running on the new ignition/efi system first.
I have had the car running off the EFI system before and yes I know Todds Restoration He has done work for me before

Factory Tachs will not work without the tach adapter. The Hyper Spark puts out square wave tach reference signal. the adapter changes it to analog. otherwise you are running 4k at idle with square wave signal had this issue with the Road Runner tach after installing the Hyper Spark setup.

MSD 8920 This is what you will need.

Does anyone have the tach adapter part number? I’d like to order one thanks

Either one will work.. I used the 8920. 1969 Road Runner factory tach.

86B0F0AA_9918_48C2_AE92_A68CDEB98A391585116768.jpg

A8CC8E77_1D6C_42C9_86C0_48BB9436EDF81585116768.jpg

I have had the car running off the EFI system before and yes I know Todds Restoration He has done work for me before
Did he rework the tachometer? If so they often install newer updated internals that do not need an adapter. I had a 68-70 Charger one done and they used VDO components. Either way he might be able to advise you if you ask him.

I hope I wasn’t being to difficult I just don’t wanna burn up anything. I have all new harness throughout the car and just ALOT of money into the drivetrain. I really do appreciate all the help I have received throughout my build.

image.jpg

C1C83560-72CC-4B3A-81A7-A2ADA7CAE63C.jpeg

D01F6CB9-8D9E-46EA-858A-4B8AA266B3C4.jpeg

Did he rework the tachometer? If so they often install newer updated internals that do not need an adapter. I had a 68-70 Charger one done and they used VDO components. Either way he might be able to advise you if you ask him.
I did not have him do my gauges yet I will be sending them off soon I had him do my headlight motors so far but I do keep in contact with him. He started a new website forum called Moparornocar

Auto Transport Service
Back