• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sniper tach

Loulang

Local time
8:40 PM
Reaction score
Does anybody know how to get my tech on my dash to work with the sniper system it worked before I installed the hyper spark and sniper coil. But upon installation of those two wiring is different now. Thanks in advance

Did you connect the Dark Brown wire from the Sniper 10 pin connector to the Gray Trace wire which would normally go to the coil from the tach sending unit?
It should work if you do that.

Nope I didn’t will try that when I get home thanks.

Last edited:
And it might not work at all without a tach signal modification. I would call Holley for their advice if for sure you have it wired correctly. Many systems that are digital do not like the analog systems.

My handheld works but my dash isn’t hooked up so that’s why I put it in the 66-67 forum to see what someone else did when they installed this system.

My handheld works but my dash isn’t hooked up so that’s why I put it in the 66-67 forum to see what someone else did when they installed this system.
I just looked at the install manual for the sniper (so no guarantees...)

You will more than likely need a MSD tach adapter. I had to have one for the road runner because with the sniper alone it was showing 4000 rpm. tach adapter corrected it.

The old school tach is analog and the Sniper I think uses square wave signal. So it wont read correct. Like I said it was showing 4k on the factory tach before I put the MSD in line.

msd-8920_xl.jpg

You will more than likely need a MSD tach adapter. I had to have one for the road runner because with the sniper alone it was showing 4000 rpm. tach adapter corrected it.

[/URL]

The old school tach is analog and the Sniper I think uses square wave signal. So it wont read correct. Like I said it was showing 4k on the factory tach before I put the MSD in line.

View attachment 1617168
The 66 has a one year amplifier board that drives the tachometer.
It may work with the square wave signal.
No harm in trying it.

Just to be clear - THE GRAY TRACE WIRE SHOULD GO ONLY TO THE SNIPER NO LONGER ATTACHED TO THE COIL.
Sorry should have mentioned that.

Yes I know I have the sniper coil so it has its own plug

Auto Transport Service
Back