• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question of the Day

JPrusinows

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:28 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone found a way to replace the steering wheel seal in the engine bay without pulling the whole car apart? LOL! Is there an alternative seal or a two piece? Whoever invents one may not get rich but they will make a pretty penny!

c
1716256626985.png

You may not want to hear this but, I've found after many years, the long way is usually the best/easiest way.
Mike

I faced a similar situation where the original was falling apart on my 66 Charger. Bought the correct replacement and did not want to mess with disassembling anything. I considered a few options and decided to cut a narrow, hacksaw blade width, slit thru the one side to allow it to be flexed sorta like a spiral to slip it over the shaft. If I recall, the firewall surround on the shaft had a sort of male rim or circular ring and rubber seal had a female circular rim that would retain it surrounding the shaft. Once the seal is fully pressed on that rim, the rubber is positively retained and slit was like it was not there. Stays in place just fine.. Don't know what specific Mopar you got, but worked fine on the Charger as described. May want to smear some geese where shaft goes thru the white ring..

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back