• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Questions on my Chassis Dyno results

FROSTBITE

Local time
11:11 PM
Reaction score
Pulled 265 hp and 305 torque on my 66 charger, should i be content or disappointed lol?

383 .30 over 10.5KB pistons
stock 906 heads
Comp Cam Duration 284/291, Lift .484/.484
Edlbrock performer 383
MSD atomic fuel injection, msd 6a, msd billet distributor
4 speed

IMAG0072.jpg

If you liked the way it ran before you put it on the chassis dyno, you should be happy. The dyno is a tuning device unless you are in a dyno competition. Don't attempt to race your car on a dyno, somebody will always make more power than you.

Looks a little rich from about the mid point out. Since that EFI is a TB unit then maybe shoot for about 12.5:1 at WOT? I imagine you are in high gear on this pull?

thats not bad, you have to remember to factor in parasitic power loss from pretty much everything that runs off the engine, water pump to rear axel ratio, elevation factor, air density so on and so on. lots of things and variables on an engine and drive train that rob hp.

not bad for a mild 383 I would be ok with these numbers ! btw frostbite will you be making your way to pappilion on may 17th for the all mopar show/swap/car coral ? looking to meet and shoot the sh#& with a few of the guys that live close or that are on this forum !!:headbang:

Dunno but feeling better about my 440 415 rwhp and 480 Torque now. Stopped pulling at 4800. It's all in the basement. Where it belongs. 850 Mighty Demon. God Bless Ma Mopar, Mopar Enigines West, and conventionial wisdom.

loss of 15%-20% thru the trans rear & belts etc., that fine for a 383ci street car, with mild modification, could get a little more out of a little more tuning, IMHFO anyway... like IQ52 says you can't race dyno's {or Flow Benches either for that matter}

I would be happy with that on a mild built 383

sounds right

My 383 makes 330hp with mp 484 and headers plus 380 lbft torque, engine dyno. 15-20% loss gives the same numbers you are getting. You are definitely in range for chassis dyno considering your setup. Good baseline.

not bad for a mild 383 I would be ok with these numbers ! btw frostbite will you be making your way to pappilion on may 17th for the all mopar show/swap/car coral ? looking to meet and shoot the sh#& with a few of the guys that live close or that are on this forum !!:headbang:
I and another FBBO member will most likely be there and possibly 2-3 more 62-65 Moparornocar guys. We are all within 100 miles of Omaha, but get together ever so often...........................MO

Auto Transport Service
Back