It's been awhile but I just wanted to give an update on the issue I was having with my 950 quickfuel carb. I messed with this carb off and on all summer when I had time. I tried most of the things that was mentioned on here. I tried different power valves and constantly cleaning and nothing changed. I took the float bowel and metering block off of my 850 double pumper and put it on the quickfuel carb and nothing changed. I eventually bought a proform main body (which is exactly the same as the quickfuel) and installed the float bowels and metering blocks on it and no changed. So I decided to try one more thing before I called it quits on this carb. I took the base plate off of my 850 double pumper and installed it on the quickfuel carb(with proform main body). Started the car up and now the engine is running with no problems. I checked float levels, tweaked timing, and adjusted idle mixture. Engine sounds great. I don't know what I could have done to the original base plate to cause this issue or what the main issue was exactly. Just glad I finally got the 950 working now.