• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Quick Q on oil pans.

onebadmk8

Local time
7:12 AM
Reaction score
The Satellite is in need of an oil pan.

Was thinking mildon but the real Q here is how hard is it in this body?

This is my first ever Mopar so i have no idea. I am a Ford/Chevy Guy.

Is it a nightmare?

Thanks in advance.

Not sure if B bodies are the same but on an A body you need to trim the K frame for clearance. You can use a Hemi pan which holds extra oil.

Depends on the pan. You can get some monsters that have a hole in them for the steering to go through if you need one that big. Here is a pic of a factory "Hemi" or 70 up Six Pack pan on a 69. It holds a quart more than a 402 and no fit problems

P0001981.jpg

P0001980.jpg

View attachment 325598

View attachment 325599

i run a mildon in my satellite with a 440 with no problems. it does stick down a couple of inches so you have to watch were you're going, i'm going to add a skid plate in the furture.

I have a Moroso big pan but its leaking bad I just need to know what needs to be done for the swap. Can I snake it out, motormounts have to come off? Etc..........

Don't need to do anything to pull the pan except ditch the drag link. BUT, if you're changing pans and therefore pickups, you may need to raise/remove the motor to have room to do that.

I'll go with 69Runner on this one. There are also about four bolts in the front that are very close to the K member and the extra room by lifting the engine may pay off. I've had the flared Milodon pans tap the K member in one spot but no trouble with Moroso.

Auto Transport Service
Back