• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

R/T vs GTX

Let me clear up this debate re: GTX v R/T. The GTX was labeled the “Gentleman's Muscle Car” back when. The trim package was intended to be superior to the other Bbodies in its class. I wouldn’t use the term luxury - because none of them fit that term - but they were indeed intended to be several steps above. Mine was a 68 and that held true at least thur the 70 model. I’m not an as well schooled on the 71+ models.

Let me clear up this debate re: GTX v R/T. The GTX was labeled the “Gentleman's Muscle Car” back when. The trim package was intended to be superior to the other Bbodies in its class. I wouldn’t use the term luxury - because none of them fit that term - but they were indeed intended to be several steps above. Mine was a 68 and that held true at least thur the 70 model. I’m not an as well schooled on the 71+ models.
So what was the R/T? The Hooligan's Muscle Car? LOL

The marketing for the '69 and '70 models really stressed the upscale theme, and it sure hooked me as a teenager. Though I fantasized about owning a Hemi Road Runner during that era, I always planned on having a GTX when I grew up, and finally had it made. The fact that the local dealer began driving what is now my GTX when he was 48 years old, further reinforced the image with me.

Auto Transport Service
Back