• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

racing helmet

TN Mopar

Local time
5:22 AM
Reaction score
It's been 20 years since I raced and the old helmet is AWOL which is probably a good thing
This new engine should be fast enough to require a Helmet at the local track
(sub 8's at 1/8th mile track)
So I have been looking for a decent helmet and a decent price

Does anyone have experience with the Racequip Pro20?
It has the snell 2020 rating and at $249 it seems to be a good deal

Black or White?
is the white helmet any cooler in the summer than a Black one of the same style?

Any better suggestions?

I bought a racequip open face for the snell rating, white. I'm happy with it. I do believe white is cooler in the summer, and I gets to be 120 here.

How's a Buco?

P1010170.jpeg
P1010175.jpeg

This new engine should be fast enough to require a Helmet at the local track
(sub 8's at 1/8th mile track)

I see you are on the right track already, no pun intended. You know if your car is fast enough for a helmet, then you do need a new helmet? So do I, BTW..... Good luck, Lefty71

One more question
Do vents make a difference inside a closed car?

I bought the Racequip Pro20 in White
Thanks to all who offered help

If you still have a chance to use it this season, give us a bit of a review on it, thx

Mopar vents are the best.

I am a happy camper!

I received the new helmet today
Racequip Pro20 in white $219.99
2 days after buying it from www.daymotorsports.com
Free shipping and the helmet was $30 cheaper than any where else

The fit is perfect
Large fits my 7 3/8 head
The field of view is wide and unobstructed
for an entry level helmet I am very happy
the weight is reasonable but I have never had a carbon fiber helmet
The Racequip helmet bag I bought is nice for the money and will protect the helmet
$19.99 well spent
I am looking forward to racing with it on and will post another short review after the track

IMG_20210930_134259780.jpg IMG_20210930_135114272.jpg

Last edited:
In a door car, I prefer an open face helmet. I spent a few races with a full faced helmet a few years back, and found that I couldn’t see as well; Especially my gauges switches.

In a door car, I prefer an open face helmet. I spent a few races with a full faced helmet a few years back, and found that I couldn’t see as well; Especially my gauges switches.
Agree^^ . Full face on the motorcycle, open face in the door car. But again, that is just personal preference.

9.99 and quicker requires full face helmet.

Auto Transport Service
Back