• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Radiator Fan Shroud fasteners and pedal cable fastener needed for 67 Charger

Dean Prevolos

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:41 PM
Reaction score
I bought a set of fasteners for my 1967 Charger engine compartment. My car is a 67 Charger 426 Hemi barn find, engine out, many parts missing. I have spent a year buying parts and working weekends only to get the car on the road.

I have never broken a radiator fan shroud stud on any car I have owned for the last 60 years BUT there is always a first time if the part you buy is not correct. So the nut was going on just fine until the stud snapped off in my socket(see photo) . I had started them all, just a few turns to hold on the shroud, and then went back to tighten down to get the shroud to a point that it won't rattle.

So I measured the nut and determined the size and went to my local ACE hardware store to but new nuts and washers because they didn't have the same type of nut. Went back and the first one I tried went on with no effort but after three turns started to tighten up way too much, so I removed it. Can anyone steer me to the right vendor to buy the correct nut for my radiator shroud stud, which you have used successfully? Please advise.

Finally, I need the fastener for my pedal cable to the carb, see photo. Vendor please.

cowl studs.jpg cowl stud with fastener.jpg Broken cowl stud.jpg throttle cable.jpg

@Fran Blacker he has a 4 speed so no kickdown, that’s the connection link between the two carbs.

@Dean Prevolos Separate problem noticed in your photo.

You have the proper throttle cable stud installed in the wrong spot where the return spring is and the slider linkage so move that over.

You need these bolts for you linkage between the carbs, it allows it to slide correctly and a proper way to mount the throttle return spring.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/382905182507?hash=item5926ed692b:g:Ah0AAOSwbqpT1F8a

https://www.ebay.com/itm/382909163684?hash=item59272a28a4:g:6yMAAOSwEK9T1F5a

the stock fan shroud nuts are a crimped locking type of nut and need lubricant on the studs when installing. And the repop nuts may be too tight so they should be screwed on to separate bolt clamped in the vise first time to open them up.

Last edited:
Fan shroud nuts are 1/4-20 not 5/16-18 i assure you. Like mentioned A little lube on the thread goes a long way

I can get you a closeup pic of how the throttle is connected later today if needed

@Fran Blacker he has a 4 speed so no kickdown, that’s the connection link between the two carbs.

@Dean Prevolos Separate problem noticed in your photo.

You have the proper throttle cable stud installed in the wrong spot where the return spring is and the slider linkage so move that over.

You need these bolts for you linkage between the carbs, it allows it to slide correctly and a proper way to mount the throttle return spring.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/382905182507?hash=item5926ed692b:g:Ah0AAOSwbqpT1F8a

https://www.ebay.com/itm/382909163684?hash=item59272a28a4:g:6yMAAOSwEK9T1F5a

the stock fan shroud nuts are a crimped locking type of nut and need lubricant on the studs when installing. And the repop nuts may be too tight so they should be screwed on to separate bolt clamped in the vise first time to open them up.

Thank you for the correction advise, will do. Also, thanks for pointing me to the Ebay vendor. It seems ROB has everything for my car, I have bought so much from this guy. Is he the only person in the country that has HEMI parts? Amazing that he has the market cornered on this year Hemi. Thanks again for your help, I need it.

Thank you for the correction advise, will do. Also, thanks for pointing me to the Ebay vendor. It seems ROB has everything for my car, I have bought so much from this guy. Is he the only person in the country that has HEMI parts? Amazing that he has the market cornered on this year Hemi. Thanks again for your help, I need it.
you could also chase the threads first to clean them up.

Auto Transport Service
Back