• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Radiator fan.

blue69runner

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:56 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone tired the Summit Sum-4918 radiator fan. Bought a new fan from Speed way motors and it is just like the one I have now. The tip's of the fan turns towards the radiator. Going to send it back and try the Summit one. Not running a clutch for the fan just straight drive with spacer. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Have had to vamp the mounting of my A/C compressor in order to get enough space between the fan and radiator. This has been a costly lesson learned. Now buying a new radiator for the second time and that is not good.

Just curious if you have thought about running a stock 224 solid fan?

I've been using the Flex Fan version of the Derale. Same direct drive solid steel 6 blade fan in 18". It's nice quality, moves a lot of air. Definitely a more robust piece than that Summit fan.

Both brands easily found on Amazon for cheap.

IMG_2206 Large.png
IMG_2207 Large.png

Planning a switch over the winter to a nice stock Mopar fan for the looks.

I've been using the Flex Fan version of the Derale. Same direct drive solid steel 6 blade fan in 18". It's nice quality, moves a lot of air. Definitely a more robust piece than that Summit fan.

Both brands easily found on Amazon for cheap.

View attachment 1531194View attachment 1531195

Planning a switch over the winter to a nice stock Mopar fan for the looks.
you need to make sure its the right Derale fan some are curved to much and will not work. I should know because I have one sitting in my shed. :BangHead:

I know will not buy another fan with the tips curved towards the radiator. Learned my lesson. I saw another fan on Classic industries. But I am done with them unless I could not find it elsewhere. Have moved the A/C compressor back so I have the right amount of room between fan and radiator. Thanks for the info. Blue

Tried to call them today but said we are out. Leve a message and we will send message via internet. LOL.

Auto Transport Service
Back