• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Radio information

Badsdird

Local time
2:05 AM
Reaction score
Can someone help me out. I have a 73 Road Runner. The car is original. My question is the dash does not have a cut out for the radio. I never seen this on any other RR. Is there a reason for that. The Car was manufactured in Windsor Canada for export, dont know if that has anything to do with that. Ive owned the car for 23 years and now it started to puzzle me.

After finding previous owner butchered the dash replacing the factory AM radio with an aftermarket radio (foto #1), I made my own "radio delete" dash by filling in the hole (foto #2).

radio butcherJPG.JPG stock wheel canario copy.jpg

Last edited:
Whatever you do don't cut it for a radio!!! As mentioned that is a radio delete bezel and it is RARE!

Whatever you do don't cut it for a radio!!! As mentioned that is a radio delete bezel and it is RARE!
I am amazed at the work you did on the radio delete. I was going to buy another dash with the radio cut out. The car is all original except for the Cragars and tires and I wanted to keep it that way. I was going to hold on to this dash and not cut it, because I never seen anything like it and didnt know if it was anything special about it. So I decided to mount a radio under the glovebox. I appreciate the information. Thanks again Steve

Ya probably like 98% of cars were optioned with at least an AM radio. Was a cheap option but was an option and not standard equipment.

I bet the dash frame has a cut out but the bezel doesn't.

On 71-4 B's that radio doesn't go into the dash frame itself but into the gauge cluster frame and yes, it probably has the radio mount tabs.

20171206_115439.jpg

I fabricated a stainless steel glove box liner and installed the radio inside (don't think the remote operates unless glove box is open).

radio stainless steel copy.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back