• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rallye Dash transplant

rp23g7

Local time
6:50 PM
Reaction score
A month or so ago i posted i was getting a 68 Charger Rallye dash, frame harness and cluster to "attempt" to install in the Coronet.

Has anyone done this before? Sorry, havent searched yet.

I found this interesting site http://www.performancecargraphics.com/Dash_Stuff/B-body_Standard_ID.htm

and have some questions if someone has done it before.

5. 1968 B-body standard instrument panel frame is not the same as 1969 B-body standard frame.
  ● Lower left-center pad mount stud location and number of studs differs.

Does this matter, is there the same issue with the rallye frame? I am sure drilling a different hole isnt out of the question if need be.

I think that is the only major thing i noticed in the article. I have read that on some cars you need to take the Widshield out to replace the frame, which is ok, as mine has a crack and needs replacing anyway.

If no one else has done it i will take some pictures of the process, if it turns out not to fit or what ever, i will sell it to you guys that have a rallye dash and need replacement parts etc. I pick it up for $500 next week, the guy took it out to install a clock dash in his car. Dont really know what that means.

My 70 satelite convertible had the non rally dash , My superbird convertible now has a ralley cluster , just and unbolt change over , not fun but just a bolt in deal . I got my a/c ralley dash out of a 70 charger .
Much easier if you have the windshield out.

birdywhiteseat.jpg

I take it your Satellite convert is now your Birdible? Any tips for me?

No kidding, i hate working under the dash. At least i dont have A/C. How many fasteners are there actually holding the frame in? Gotta get a new shop manual. ebay here i come.

i think mine had like 8 along the windshield (which needed to be removed) and one on each side kinda dead center of ea. side about level with the bottom of the dash and i found it was also easier to have the seats out. seats out give you more room to lay on the floor and its not like they are hard to remove providing they are not rusted in

HMMM, dont know if its going to happen now. Guy i was getting it from found a 68 Charger project he may put it in. Oh well, next.

Auto Transport Service
Back