• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rallye dash woodgrain bezel sets

monroegtx

Local time
12:16 AM
Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting new woodgrain bezels for my '70 GTX as the old one has worn away badly in some spots. All the new ones I've seen seem to be a lot lighter than my original. Would mine have darkened over time or are the new ones too light. Who is the best supplier for these in regards to fitment and originality?

PG Classic's or BE+A are the suppliers but the product isn't even close to original.
I bought and promptly returned.
Ron

Whatever you do, don't buy anything of this type of product from YearOne....the product sucks....not even close to fitting correctly. This is what they sent me over a year ago....

1_zpsea16200b.jpg

DSC00710_zps37ea8a0d.jpg

DSC00709_zpsde01abae.jpg

DSC00708_zps35b6fd78.jpg

So I wrote to YearOne explaining how useless this restoration part is. They promptly apologised and sent me a replacement set....exactly the same condition. Did my dash suddenly increase in size compared to everyone else's or are these products just absolute garbage......garbage me thinks.

I ended up finding a product advertised on a MoPar magazine website - from WhiteGauges - linky attached here: http://www.whitegauges.net/products...ument-Cluster-Dash-Bezel-Resurfacing-Kit.html

I found this product to be relatively satisfactory. Customer Service was OK, with average responses by email, and sometimes about something completely different, but at least you won't get the cold shoulder or the bums rush. The only issue I had with them is that the lower side covers have the grain going the wrong way - I asked about getting that sorted out, but deaf ears were in service that day. Pics below - a lot lighter in colour to the factory grain, but it fits and looks nice;

DSC00722_zpsf38bcca4.jpg

DSC00723_zps98d8386f.jpg

DSC00726_zps899af396.jpg

DSC00739_zps187e5d2e.jpg

4_zps973de2d6.jpg

I honestly didn't notice the grain running incorrectly until I went to fit the two parts on the dash. I'm still waiting to hear if the Technical Team at WhiteGauges have sorted out this little faux pas. Price was fair, and delivery fast - they take PayPal too and ship International which is very helpful. :icon_thumleft:

- - - Updated - - -

I just remembered what I was waiting for from WhiteGauges - I asked them for a set of Lenses for the Emergency Brake and Indicators....they had originally sent me an odometer decal overlay set when I asked for the Bezels. I guess you can add sloppy Dispatch to their record also. :icon_rolleyes:

Last edited:
PG Classic's or BE+A are the suppliers but the product isn't even close to original.
I bought and promptly returned.
Ron
Thanks Ron, I've seen them on the website and thought they were a bit different that's why I started this thread.

- - - Updated - - -

I got the same thing from Classic Ind Roger. Not happy with them at all. Look exactly the same as what you got from Year One, way too small and looks like a sticker just slapped on there. Only good thing was the colour being a nice dark walnut. Why can't they make the good ones with the same colour? Also the grain around the radio was running the wrong way just like your side pieces. Your kidding me!!!
Insert set.jpg Instrument cluster.jpg
I might have try Whiteguages I think. Yours look pretty good. What's the go with the arrow next to the panel switch, is that how some came out?

Auto Transport Service
Back