• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Random Charger picture thread

Close to being on the ground.

26289C73-74EF-4195-ADD6-BA68A53BAD9C.jpeg AC9D986B-CA2D-4A80-B992-072EAAAFEACA.jpeg

wow, seven chargers and no Vinyl tops among them!
They look so much nicer without them.

Agreed. I'm the "no vinyl top" camp for 2nd gens.
75% left the factory with them. IMO 66-67 B bodies look good either way, but no top on a 2nd gen Charger looks like something is missing.

75% left the factory with them. IMO 66-67 B bodies look good either way, but no top on a 2nd gen Charger looks like something is missing.
Simply a matter of opinion. In mine, I think light colour paints look good with a black top. It needs the contrast.

Most of every 68-70 Charger I have owned were vinyl top cars. I prefer them without. My current R/T S.E. is coded for it and it has grown on me, so it stays. My other Charger project is also an S.E. so it stays.

70RTSE11 [640x480-2].jpg

20210320_161540.jpg

20200919_150752.jpg

my yellow 68 is next in line to get repainted, it has a black vinyl top..I so want to rip the thing off and go all yellow. in 1982 I owned an all yellow charger, and it was stricking!
what is the vote?
leave it, or remove it?

my yellow 68 is next in line to get repainted, it has a black vinyl top..I so want to rip the thing off and go all yellow. in 1982 I owned an all yellow charger, and it was stricking!
what is the vote?
leave it, or remove it?
Remove it!!

I'll also add that non vinyl tops obviously doesn't have the trim from sail panel to quarter panel which I think the trim breaks up the smooth body flow from those 2 panels.

Auto Transport Service
Back